What are your favorite afternoon snacks? I need some ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    3:30 is baby carrot time in my office. Yes, everyday.
  • Jessicalg1981
    Jessicalg1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas, pickles (I eat a lot of that because most of them are 0 calories!), celery with cottage cheese, baby carrots, apple slices with sugar free butterscotch pudding, radishes with a little bit of salt, granola bars... I keep a lot of snacks around because I eat smaller meals and snack frequently. I also work during dinner time without a break so I have to make sure to take a lot of stuff to work or I'll pig out when I get home lol.
  • annabgray
    Options
    I agree a small meal is probably best for ya! or something packed with protein. I like 0%fat Greek Yogurt. my new favorite is sprinkle a little lime jello powder in it. Protein packed and will get you to dinner :drinker:
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    I love fresh fruit (usually strawberries, grapes, or pineapple is what I have on hand) topped with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
  • sblackbear8
    sblackbear8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are apple chips, string cheese, or a couple of cuties. :love:
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    cliff mojo's or zone perfect bar
  • Lynn1957
    Lynn1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I crave crunch, so over the weekend I cut up a TON of snack veggies like cucumber, carrots, green peppers and radishes. I fill five small zip-top baggies (not the snack sized ones, the ones a size bigger meant for sandwiches) and put the rest in a tupperware. Then I portion out 2 tablespoons Wishbone light blue cheese dressing into five little containers. I take a baggie of veggies and a container of blue cheese to work with me. The tupperware of veggies left at home is for late night muchie attacks. The combo of cruch and creamy, salty low-cal dressing is hard to beat!
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That is my snackiest time of the day, too. My new favorite is one of the individual tiny brie cheeses from Trader Joes, paired with their multigrain flaxseed crackers, some grapes, and a few dry roasted almonds. It feels so fancy, and for me is just the right amounts of protein and fiber to hold me for awhile.

I'm also a big fan of soup in the afternoon. It can be as low cal as you want it, and is filling as well.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter on the side for dipping

100 calorie mini bag of popcorn

celery sticks with artichoke dip(this is a new one and couldn't believe how long I felt satisfied. I used the Pioneer Womans' hot artichoke dip recipe).

**For a chocolate fix Swiss Miss Sugar Free Cocoa has been wonderful especially during these winter months.

Marie
  • Shasem
    Shasem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BBQ PopChips
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Jello(sugar free=10calories per serving), Cheese sticks/string cheese, Fresh fruit, sometimes a protein shake.. not all at once.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick
    Fage Greek Yogurt 0% with fruit cup
    Popcorn
    anything 100 calories and low sugar/low sodium I can scrounge really. Fresh veggies, fresh fruits work great with peanutbutter.

Or if you got a ranch craving, taking plain greek yogurt and mixing in a small amount of ranch packets to add flavor, bam, dip a carrot or some broccoli. Heaven.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I've started having Weight Watchers slices, taste damn good and at around 80calories eat they wont effect your allowance too much or try some fruit. http://www.weightwatchersfoods.co.uk/products/snacking/cakes/belgian-chocolate-slice.html
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    carrots and natural peanut butter
    cauliflower and light ranch
    luna bar
    (plain ff) greek yogurt with a little honey and granola
    apple and natural peanut butter
    string cheese
    popcorn
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    apples with peanut butter
  • COShelly
    COShelly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. You all really got me thinking about what I can do. Yesterday I had an apple and a cheese stick as a snack, but I still wanted the pretzels, dang it! Well, I sent the remainder dang pretzels to work with hubby today so no more temptation... I've got a protein bar with me today and we have dinner planned out (chicken and some steamed veggies), so today should be much better! ;)

Thanks again!

Shelly
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky if sodium isn't a concern. Tastes great and the protein in it keeps you full until dinner.
  • jfeh
    jfeh Posts: 30
    Options
    I had the same problem, but now I eat when I'm hungry, and save calories at other times of the day when I'm less hungry.

I know I'm going to be starving at dinnertime, no matter what I've eaten throughout the day. So now I go really easy on the first half of the day, when I'm not as hungry so it's easier to eat less, than I can really enjoy eating my calories at dinner, when I know I'm going to be hungry and restricting calories will be more of a challenge.