120+LBS Loss Held for 5 Years-Never Posted Pic--Until Today!

Options

Replies

• jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable.. truly awe inspiring . Well done . You have lost a whole person
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Amazing job both losing the weight and adding back muscle! Sustaining your progress over a long period of time is a huge achievement as well.. Your comments about the need to add back muscle after losing that much weight are very helpful. Congratulations!
  • raleyclub
    raleyclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your pictures. The transformation is amazing. Did you follow any special diet plan? I am just beginning my journey and appreciate how motivating it is to see pics! You must feel so much better.
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    Great story - thanks for sharing! Thanks for the words on weight-lifting. I started weight-lifting early on and agree it's very important. You look great and it's motivating to hear about people that have kept the weight off for a long time!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Certainly Congratulations are in order!!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!
  • scanners107
    scanners107 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, looking great.
  • peckle123
    peckle123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    pictures great, but as a previous yo yo dieter , your comment it gets easier has made maintenance feel achievable
  • KSpiked
    KSpiked Posts: 12
    Options
    You should have a blog. Amazing !
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I wanted to share my success with all of you. I started my journey in the beginning of 2008 when I weighed over 300 lbs. After 8+ months I lost 120lbs. At that time, I calculated the loss at 90lbs fat and 30lbs lean body mass. I could have done it with a better loss ratio; however, scale drops motivated me more than body fat %. Since then, I have slowly increased my lean body mass and I'm pretty sure I have gained back the muscle I lost (and dropped fat as well).

Normally I wouldn't post images like this to the public as I’m a bit embarrassed, definitely not shirtless! However, I feel, in order for you to see the magnitude of loss you need to see the before/after pics with shirt off. Who knows, perhaps I could even motivate a person or two which would just be awesome!

This year I will enter my fifth year of maintenance. I truly can't believe it! I remember telling people not to congratulate me until I keep it off for 1 year. I think I can now say it’s going to stay off now!

Collage-1-no-Border-Final-resize_zps8f942da8.jpg

Holy moly, that is an awesome transformation!! Congratulations!!
  • 7sherry3
    Options
    your an inspiration
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! This is amazing!!
  • Hrcules
    Hrcules Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Holy crap man that is amazing!
  • bellhenry1969
    bellhenry1969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fantastic results.
    Your before and after photos are an inspiration to stay focused and reach my own goals.
    You demonstrate that a successful transformation is possible.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Dontneed60
    Dontneed60 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you look great (hot) happy 5th !!!!
  • TenaciousKelly
    TenaciousKelly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm at over 190lbs of weightlost. Check out my profile it tells more. I do need to add before and after photos. I just really started using this app this year. I started my weightloss in 2008/2009 I know how it feels ! Great Job
  • wanda_idelia
    wanda_idelia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great job!
  • richytm
    richytm Posts: 16
    Options
    As all the other have said well done! You look amazing and you would never think that you were a 300 lbs man!
    If I look half as good as you at my end point I'll be a very happy guy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!