Looking for friends and motivation

Options
terem00
terem00 Posts: 176 Member
Hi! I'm new to the site after hearing some positive results
I lost 30lbs on my own last year but since eating at maitenance and eating too many cookies during the holidays, I have gained 10lbs :(
I started last year January at 170 and got down to 137.5 in May, (I'm 5'4 with a medium frame). I am now at 150 and am completely dissapointed in myself.
I continued to exercise but I was eating way too much and not sleeping enough.
I was hoping to start the new year by only having to lose 15lbs but that goal is now 25lbs.
I am serious into lifting (as serious as I can be with weight machine) and I have gained noticeable muscles in my upper body and my strength has increased nearly 50% since I first started last year. I also take bootcamp twice a week for 1 hour and martial arts (kung fu) twice a week also for 1 hour. On top of that I do circuit training and kettlebell workouts twice a week which is accompanied with a walk/run on the treadmill for 35-40 minutes.
I need tips, support, motivation....anything to keep me going and I will provide the same :)

Replies

• Just_Dianne
    Just_Dianne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI there, I've been at my journey since 1/2/12 and have lost 52 pounds. I would love to have you add me for support. I made it through the holidays without gaining any weight. I still am planning on losing at least 7 more pounds. I started out weighing over 180, not to sure what my weight was because I was too afraid to weigh my self. I'm sure I was pretty close to 190 (or more), I am 5'3" so that was pretty big. I'm presently stationery at 134.5, but plan on getting below 129. Its not for me about the number as much as how I feel. I run pretty much 2-5 miles a day with the occational day off. I never ran a day in my life prior to this last year. Being 50 I decided I was done with being overweight and feeling like crap all the time. I have made small goals for myself, I have done about 5 competitive runs this last year, another thing I would NEVER have done in the past. I have a relay marathon planned on the 20th of this month, hope I don't let the other guys down!

Good luck and add me as a freind if you wish.

:)