How to get enough calories for weight gain

Options
I'm having trouble hitting all of my goals as far as protein, carbs, fats, ect... but still not hitting 3000 calories a day for my weight gain goal! I had a five guys burger and fries and chick fil a deluxe on PURPOSE just so I could hit the calorie count. Is this bad? i'm trying to still eat healthy! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    add nuts and avocados and high cal foods that are healthy. like make peanut glaze chicken or idk.. just add stuff to your meals.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    my protein intake would be quite high though if I did that. But I don't think I'd be in danger of "too much protein" lol so I may check these out. usually I'll end up with like 2100 cal. and all of my other nutritional goals are met I just need another 900 calories with "nothing extra"..... maybe the foods I am eating are too high in nutritional value.... lol idk nothing quite makes entire sense to me.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Granola, trail mix, sautéed veggies, nuts mixed in with recipes (I make chicken pesto pasta with walnuts). Those would all add nutritious calories. Now that I am on maintenance, I am enjoying some of these little luxuries.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    thanks for the advice!
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    maybe you can look up some foods on google or something that have a lot of calories but not as much nutritional value.
    idk:P lol good luck though!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Whole milk and peanut butter, helping skinny guys build muscle for decades.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm following a 3,000+ calories per day diet to gain right now and I am using milk, nuts, dried fruits, peanut butter, and carb dense foods like oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes to add the needed calories.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Red meat
    Chicken
    Fish
    Protein powder
    Oils
    Brown or white rice
    Porridge oats