appetite suppressant

Options
Post Christmas is always a bad time for me as I have spent the last week or so grazing, so come new year I am in desperate need of something to stop my nibbling. I know water is one of the bes!!!ngs for this but need to sort out my filter!!! Any ideas?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    A solid meal makes for a good appetite suppressant
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    A solid meal makes for a good appetite suppressant

agreed with lots of protein
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat, coffee, being sick and tired of everything in the house and then not going to the store but eating it anyway. When we get bored of our food choices at least one study has shown we start eating less.
  • 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Drop your fork. The harsh truth is that when we have been off a healthy eating plan we crave that bad food. A couple of days of sticking to healthy foods and like the other posters pointed out, mini meals with protien you will be fine. There is no magic pill that will help, just a shift in food choices.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Coffee or b12 helps reduce appetite. My number one hunger killing meal is 1/4 cup of oatmeal (70 calories) with a scoop of protein powder (the one I use is only 60 calories per scoop and 12g protein). It makes me pretty full for only 130 calories.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Self-control. Honestly, you've just got to decide to stop. I was the same over Christmas for a week or so. Then, I just decided to get back on track. Getting rid of any extra-tempting Christmas food helps too. Just tell yourself that Christmas is over now, and focus on lots of filling, wholesome foods.

(I'm assuming from your post that this is just a Christmas-specific problem, so it shouldn't be too hard to nip it in the bud.)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    water and hot tea helps