i want my stomach to be full for 3 hrs only !!

Options
hey guys

so i was like on a high-protein diet but i was doing it wrong "was 50% + or something" so im doing now 30% prot 25 fat and 45 carb.

but wat pisses me off is 1 hour before lunch time i get hungry so i had to bring lunch time closer.

when i was back on the ultra protein meals on my 50%+ prot diet i used to staying full for long time....and i really miss it :(

isnt there another way? is protein the only element that keeps us full for few hrs?

this is my dillema ...the fullness for 3 hrs

please help :(

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with 1/2-1 tablespoon of peanut butter keeps me full for hours.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should look into the Paleo diet/lifestyle. There are boards on here, plus a whole lot of information elsewhere.

robbwolf.com
    marksdailyapple.com
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the dilemma. Why is the time you eat lunch important?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Protein is generally regarded as the most satiating macronutrient but there's some individual variability here.

I would look at your meal sizes, meal composition, and calorie density.

Example: If you're eating 6 meals per day, try eating 3 instead and make them much larger. Choose foods with a lower calorie density so you can eat more of them.

For instance, compare a cheeseburger to tilapia and broccoli. You'll notice the latter allows you to eat a LOT of food and the former doesn't.

I'm not in any way suggesting to avoid cheeseburgers entirely, but the above idea should be something to consider.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    While protein does help, a lot is going to depend on what/how much you are eating as to how long it will last you. What are you eating for breakfast now? Maybe you simply need a lower carb (or lower refined carb) breakfast and higher protein and fat. Then, maybe you can eat more carbs throughout the day. Also, I'd include more fat as I find that having fat helps keep me fuller along with the protein.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hunger is part of weight loss. If it's so severe that you can't adhere to the diet, you need to rethink your diet setup. Otherwise, suck it up.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Your (new) macros are similar to mine, but my fat and protein percentages are flip-flopped. Fat does a good job of keeping me full. I keep things like cut-up carrots and such if I get a little hungry before my lunch break. But mostly, I do the best when I get a good amount of protein, carbs, and fats at every meal. When I get it right, I never feel hungry.