too much protein

Options
I am only 4 days in, but I keep ending up with too much protein. I seem to go over by 10-15 grams, is this bad? I come in low on carbs and fat. It seems like I should be able to eat more protein than this. today 1/2c cottage cheese, and 2 kashi bars and I am almost done without having had dinner. Any suggestions? I am afraid I will be really hungry with less protein.

Replies

• ccaruso219
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing....I noticed that I have been having the same problem for the last few days...
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Double check how your target calories are split: "My Home" --|> "Goals" --|> "Change Goals" --|> "Custom"

According to SHBoss (the MFP Guru), you can go up to about 40% protein. Personally, I keep my goals at 40% protein, 35% Carbs, 25% Fat. This is my "goal:" I don't always reach it, but that's why they're called goals! :wink:

Hope this helps!
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    welll protein is good! i think unless u have like 50 g over it should be ok
  • angelface12004
    Options
    i usually go over my protein and fiber every day and i have lost 20 lbs in two months, so i don't think it is that bad. Protein helps you stay fuller longer without reaching for the chocolate bar and well fiber, we all know what happens if we don't get enough of that lol
  • dventouras
    dventouras Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am losing weight and actually staying below my calorie allowance. I will look at my goals and maybe tweek them.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    the recommended daily intakes are 50-55% of your calories from carbohydrates, 20% from protein and less than 30% from fat