Abs Diet -12 power foods?

rileya
rileya Posts: 28 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried the Abs Diet? I am trying to lose both weight and inches and I don't know what the results will be if I start this diet. I am a female with a bigger frame and really would not like to bulk up but to tone up so if anyone has done this diet let me know what your results are.
I am currently reading the abs diet book which I beleive is more geared towards men...should I go buy the womens version or is the concept the same?

Replies

• Hi :)
    I've read the book and I think the concept is the same. But, I think, men are advised to do more strength training to gain visible muscle, so if you're going to start it just cut back on the weights a little :)
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    I actually really like this book. I never really stuck to it, but it had a ton of good, educational info in it. When I joined this site, I found that most of the recommendations lined up with what I'd read in the book, such as clean eating (the trick that makes you drop inches along your waistline) and incorporating exercise, and especially the part where you should eat something bad once in a while! :devil: I also liked that it set you up to eat several times a day, and gave you ideas for what would be a good, filling snack or meal. As for the power foods, I never lived by them, but they're all good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    I have been following the Abs Diet (Womens Program) for just over 4 weeks, with some modifications. I am basically following the plan but do cardio almost every day. I have lost 8 lbs. You don't need to buy the book as you can find most of what you need online. Check out womenshealthmag.com and google abs diet.
This discussion has been closed.