Has anyone had success with Leslie Sansone tapes?

Options
2»

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone DVDs, her 5 Mile Fat Burner is the best. yes I have had great success with it!
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How do you add her workout as exercise on MFP? Do you know how to gauge how many calories are burned during her workout?
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Her dvds are what got me started exercising and I have never quit them even though I add in other things. Her newer dvds are more intense than some older ones. They all vary. Some do strength training (weights or stretch bands) while walking, others you stop and do more intense strength training. If you join her free site, there are some free videos available there: http://www.walkathome.com/walk-social/ But not her newer walks which have more jogging and jumping around. She doesn't have anything that is high impact all the way through. She always does a few mins then goes back to lower impact moves like walking in place, side steps, knee lifts, and kicks. Like intervals.

About the cals, she says about 100 cals per mile burned, but that's going to depend on your fitness level, height, weight, etc and also each individual walk because some are easier than others. I just let my fitbit give me whatever cals it chooses, but you could just log low impact or regular aerobics to be on the safe side.
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight I walked with her all the time. I love her. She is so enthusiastic. She makes you want to keep walking. I have started walking with her on you tube
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    How do you add her workout as exercise on MFP? Do you know how to gauge how many calories are burned during her workout?

I read on her site once that you burn approximately 100 calories per mile. Of course this varies based on many factors. Before I got my fitbit and was logging my exercise, I used to add it as low impact aerobics or "aerobics-general" if I did a dvd with intervals.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There are no weights in the 1, 2 and 3 mile walks. I use them free off You Tube on a morning for a workout before work, the 1 mile is very easy and basic but the 2 and 3 miles get you moving a bit more. I would say they would be very good for anyone just starting out exercising. I've not seen any of the other of her DVDs referred to in this thread but I presume they get progressively harder. Good luck :smile:
    [/quote

i have a 1-mi & 2-mile. Both use her weighted balls (optional). I use 3 pound dumbbells. Using the weights definitely increases the intensity. I like them because it includes upper body which you normally don't do walking.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I started out with one of her older 1 and 2 mile walks and was doing that one for a couple years. I bought a newer dvd of hers that is one mile -5 miles walk and it is more intense I think. I do like her walking dvds and had been doing them all this past year 2 miles in 30 minutes twice a day. I recently have started doing more jogging in place type exercise to increase my cardio and heartbeat since loosing alot of weight. The walking is good for people with bad knees. All of her moves are ones anyone can do even with bad knees.
    Check them out on youtube before buying them.
    Good luck!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There are no weights in the 1, 2 and 3 mile walks. I use them free off You Tube on a morning for a workout before work, the 1 mile is very easy and basic but the 2 and 3 miles get you moving a bit more. I would say they would be very good for anyone just starting out exercising. I've not seen any of the other of her DVDs referred to in this thread but I presume they get progressively harder. Good luck :smile:

I actually have a 1-mile Leslie Sansone dvd that I just completed last night after doing the 30 Day Shred and it does include weights. But as a previous poster said, you don't have to use the arm weights if you don't want to. Just like a JM's dvd, Leslie Sansone has two people in the dvd that I have that you can follow. One is "low intensity" with no arm weights, and the other woman is "mild intensity" with 2 pounds each arm weights. I don't know if she has more than one 1-mile dvd, but the one I own which was produced in 2002 uses weights.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I read on her site once that you burn approximately 100 calories per mile. Of course this varies based on many factors. Before I got my fitbit and was logging my exercise, I used to add it as low impact aerobics or "aerobics-general" if I did a dvd with intervals.

As I feel most charts overestimate calories burn I figure my calories by entering weight, time and speed (ie 1 mile in 20 minutes = 3 mi/hr or 2 mile in 15 min = 4 m/hr ( http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc1.htm or http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php ) Since these are just walking calculators and don't include the upper body workouts with weights I feel these underestimate the calories I burn. As I don't "eat back" my calories it doesn't really matter. I like to figure it more out of curiosity and extra incentive.
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Fitbit. Will that be more accurate to log calories? I am new to fitness technology.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I just ordered a Fitbit. Will that be more accurate to log calories? I am new to fitness technology.

I've been using my fitbit for 8 months and I think it's accurate. For me, I like that I don't have to think about my exercise so that I can figure out how to log it. I just do my thing and it calculates for me. I've heard it's not as accurate for some exercises like strength training and cycling, but you can log those separately or just take the lower burn.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love her dvds and own about 8 of them. some are really easy and some are more intense. all of the weight I have lost is from using her dvds, my wii and a little outdoor walking. she also has a facebook page and there are some videos there free and u can track miles and interact with others that r using her dvds. I started doing her workouts when they were on vhs 11 yrs ago.