Walking DVD

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ^^fair enough. I'll go on YouTube right now.

Edited to add: I'm back. I watched this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRScb2l4Z4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not trying to be mean, but looks like walking to me. And walking is great. It's how I got started myself. If you choose to give someone money to show you how to walk I won't judge. But please don't wait for the dvds to arrive to get started. Start walking today and when the dvds show up start the advanced walking or whatever. I just don't want anyone to use not having access to this product as an excuse but to move.
  • jeaniebear54
    jeaniebear54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't just look, try them and see what muscles you use on her DVD.
  • momjeannes
    Options
    I like the walk-kick dvd too...it incorporates some kickboxing moves and you really sweat with that one. Actually, I really sweat with all of them, so I know I'm doing something! Definitely more than just walking.
  • vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Leslie Sansone DVD's. They are a great way to get a quick effective workout. I don't have to buy workout clothes or expensive equipment, just wake up, grab a water and walk with Leslie. I use the 5 mile fat burner and depending on my day I choose to do between one to three miles. I find her to be encouraging without the over the top annoying perkiness in other DVD's. I also like that I don't have to be extremely coordinated to complete the workout. I lost 50 lbs while integrating her workout DVD's two years ago. I am now working on the next 50 lbs.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVDs sell because people find the workouts interesting and are successful with them. Leslie Sansone has been doing these workouts for over 20 years and has made a huge business out of what started as a little class in a church basement. (Her Facebook page alone has over 57k followers.) I lost 50 pounds 6 years ago using her DVDs and although I now do other exercise, I still workout to her DVDs at least 2x week. Perhaps a better description would be "low impact cardio." Whatever the description, people buy and use them because they are easy to follow and they work. That is the beauty of the exercise industry - we all like different things, so there are many options out there!

To OP - order from Collage Video - you can return the DVD if it isn't right for you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ^^fair enough. I'll go on YouTube right now.

Edited to add: I'm back. I watched this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRScb2l4Z4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not trying to be mean, but looks like walking to me. And walking is great. It's how I got started myself. If you choose to give someone money to show you how to walk I won't judge. But please don't wait for the dvds to arrive to get started. Start walking today and when the dvds show up start the advanced walking or whatever. I just don't want anyone to use not having access to this product as an excuse but to move.

^I'm with DavPul on this. Getting in exercise is great..but...I would save your money on this.
  • susanlung
    susanlung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Positive responses are appreciated! My reasoning for getting the dvd's, for anybody who cares, is I really don't like walking outside when it's 15 degrees, windy, and the roads are covered in ice and snow. I haven't added any exercise to my weight loss program yet and I enjoy walking. Therefore I thought I might enjoy Leslie. Thanks for everybody who posted positive responses, that's really what I need!!
  • jeaniebear54
    jeaniebear54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Susan - Don't worry about what others think, their opinion is not right for everybody and it is THEIR opinion. You just do want you feel you need to do to get up and move. It's better than wasting money on a club membership and then only going once a week. So YOU GO GIRL.