Is it just me....

Options
2»

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Lol. I wanted to be soooooo careful to put this in the correct forum. But then, I run a discussion board so I know how important it is to put the right stuff in the right places.

;)

No one thread in particular set me off (I'm alluding to about five or six different ones actually, lol). Actually... I haven't been 'set off'. Not posting to complain or poke or prod... just saying.

I'm still feelin' goooooood. Though, a little lacking in motivation the past couple weeks. Gotta work on that, lol!

It's a general observation that more of the threads that I've read lately have involved cranky/defensive/irritable people than usual. Of course, the vast MAJORITY of things posted are still awesome. There's just been an increase compared to, oh, back in November/December when I first joined. Which wasn't long ago. Soooooo I thought, hey let's put some focus on the good/happy stuff!

Like, how 'bout how AWESOME it is that it's not dark when I get home from work anymore. Or that it's actually SUNNY today.

Or that my pants are loose!

Nope, ain't nobody gonna pee on my rainbow.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing. I don't even bother to read the recent post page any more. I just stalk my friends, lol:laugh:

*Dancing in Rainbows*
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...Rainbows!!!

I haven't been able to decide if there's more crankiness and TONE OF VOICE in the threads or if I'm just more sensitive to it because of some stressors I've got in my life right now. I know that I haven't been as patient as I should be lately. Part of it is just general crankiness and stress. I know I'm more sensitive to people advocating very large deficits and not eating exercise cals lately--I used to be able to post in those threads without getting snippy, angry or frustrated, now I have to stay out of the threads...I just find it too irritating, almost to the point of taking it personally. WTH?

I understand we get a crop of newbies every couple months, and most of them don't read the stickies and have to be pointed there...that doesn't really bug me. I feel like I got really good advice when I first started here, and I think when I look at some of the stuff being posted now, I feel annoyed that people just coming on board now are getting hit with counterproductive info, and the good stuff's being buried...I promise, I will behave myself from now on, and not bite people's heads off. :blushing:

Also...There are chocolate covered Peeps now? :drinker:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

Also...There are chocolate covered Peeps now? :drinker:

I know!!!! totally made my day when my friend told me about them. I tried really hard to NOT look for them, and then caved and then found out they're only 110 calories so they're doable... I do need to find the dark chocolate ones though, I bet those would be way better :)
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I seriously held a package of regular Peeps in my hand for about 3 minutes in the grocery store today, trying to decide whether or not to buy them. If they'd been chocolate covered, I would be eating them right now, but I resisted the temptation. Now I just have to resist looking for the chocolate ones!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I seriously held a package of regular Peeps in my hand for about 3 minutes in the grocery store today, trying to decide whether or not to buy them. If they'd been chocolate covered, I would be eating them right now, but I resisted the temptation. Now I just have to resist looking for the chocolate ones!!

didnt you see my first post? you can have THREE for under 100 calories!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean granted its ALL sugar so there are a ton of better things you can eat for 100 calories... but I challenge you to find anything for 100 calories that will put a smile on your face quicker than 3 peep chickies! I :heart: them! I mean seriously a couple weeks ago I had been in a 3-4 day long fight with my husband, got yelled at by my boss, had to tell a really sweet old couple that I couldnt do a home loan for them and they'd be better off selling their house (I do mortgages) and I went into World Market and they were just finishing putting up their Easter stock and there was this HUGE display of all different colored peeps... really it just instantly made everything ok :smile:
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Dancing!!! Yay!!!!

:drinker: