WW Dropout

mzrobbie
mzrobbie Posts: 33
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I just joined yesterday. I've spent the last 8 months at Weight Watchers and lost a grand total of . . . 6 pounds. Granted, I only wanted to lose 13, but I got very frustrated with the "point system" because it was based on accummulated points over a week's time span. (If you're not familiar with the plan: you have a set number of points per day and then 35 extra points per week.) If I forgot to log a few meals over the week, I would lose track of how many weekly points I had accumulated!

Anyway, after maintaining my 6 lb loss for 8 consecutive weeks, the WW leader told me I should lower my expectations (I'm 5' 2.5", wanted to get to 120, got stuck at 127). She declared that I met my goal and since I had maintained my goal for more than 6 weeks, I was now "Lifetime." I only had to return once a month to stay Lifetime. Well, it took me about one month to put 4.5 lbs back on.

*sigh* So instead of paying $13/week, I am here. I really like how many foods are listed and the fact that other users can input nutritional information for foods that aren't there. I like not having to drive across town to attend a 30-min meeting. I am hoping to get the same support online for FREE that I received at the WW meetings. I like the fact that if I have a bad day of keeping track, tomorrow is a brand new day. So here's to hoping this will work, that I can stick with it, and that I can get down to 120lbs (that's not unreasonable at my height, do you think?).

:flowerforyou: Robbie

Replies

• mzrobbie
    Hello everyone. I just joined yesterday. I've spent the last 8 months at Weight Watchers and lost a grand total of . . . 6 pounds. Granted, I only wanted to lose 13, but I got very frustrated with the "point system" because it was based on accummulated points over a week's time span. (If you're not familiar with the plan: you have a set number of points per day and then 35 extra points per week.) If I forgot to log a few meals over the week, I would lose track of how many weekly points I had accumulated!

Anyway, after maintaining my 6 lb loss for 8 consecutive weeks, the WW leader told me I should lower my expectations (I'm 5' 2.5", wanted to get to 120, got stuck at 127). She declared that I met my goal and since I had maintained my goal for more than 6 weeks, I was now "Lifetime." I only had to return once a month to stay Lifetime. Well, it took me about one month to put 4.5 lbs back on.

*sigh* So instead of paying $13/week, I am here. I really like how many foods are listed and the fact that other users can input nutritional information for foods that aren't there. I like not having to drive across town to attend a 30-min meeting. I am hoping to get the same support online for FREE that I received at the WW meetings. I like the fact that if I have a bad day of keeping track, tomorrow is a brand new day. So here's to hoping this will work, that I can stick with it, and that I can get down to 120lbs (that's not unreasonable at my height, do you think?).

:flowerforyou: Robbie
  • sbased
    sbased Posts: 14
    Good Luck you will do it! Whatever weight you feel the best in is the one for you and WW shouldn't tell you nay different so keep up the good work. Have you bumped up your exercise? Maybe doing some serious cardio or even "hot" yoga might help -- it burns 750 calories per 45 minutes! I'm trying to do more strength training, walking and fun stuff like that but once I get to a set weight under 200 I'm going to have to cardio my life away :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Welcome!

We are glad you are here with us. I love this site because it really does help me keep track of things and it's so easy. :) i think your goal is reasonable. Good luck!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Hi Robbie,

Welcome to MFP!
    I'm 5'2 as well and I've set my weight goal for 125 pounds. I've met that goal.. I'm at 126 now and am just fine with that. I cannot see myself being thinner that what I am now. I :heart: my curves. Anwho...
    This site and the members have helped me tons.
    The best of luck to you:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome WW dropout:bigsmile: Its great to have you here with us. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FitKitty
    FitKitty Posts: 46
    WW dropouts ROCK (I'm one too). I gained 4 lbs on the program because I love carbs :mad: . The "leader" told me that I should drop my points too.... I just gained.
    On this program you can see where you are going over, and adjust your diet from there. This is MUCH BETTER THAN WW and.... it's FREE!!!!
    :drinker:

WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Hi and welcome! I'm another shorty like you :laugh: 5'1", currently 133 but my goal is 110...I have a small frame so unfortunately I can't carry much weight :brokenheart: At my lowest I was 117 and that was still a bit overweight for me *sigh*.

I think you'll like it here, this is the easiest and most effective diet I've ever been on. It really keeps you accountable! And its FREE :bigsmile:
  • mzrobbie
    Thanks for the positive feedback, esp from the "shorties"! Isn't it amazing how a just few pounds - in either direction - makes a BIG difference when you are petite???
This discussion has been closed.