Please Help! Don't know how much calories to eat!

Options

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I have only one question: HOW DID YOU TYPE UPSIDE-DOWN?!

Yeah how did you do that
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    K top asking ppl if at the bottom you said you know the answers.. WHY ARE U WASTING PEOPLE'S times? clearly ur a loner that needs some attention
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have only one question: HOW DID YOU TYPE UPSIDE-DOWN?!?

Rofl
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    K top asking ppl if at the bottom you said you know the answers.. WHY ARE U WASTING PEOPLE'S times? clearly ur a loner that needs some attention

Learn to spell and I might take you seriously. Just sayin'.
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    I'm thinking this is a Troll post..could be wrong...
    Me too.

What's a troll post? (No, seriously, I don't know...)
  • vnovit
    Options
    find some friends and dont post useless questions here when we could be helping someone instead of looking at your crap
  • vnovit
    Options
    Yes I agree... troll.. good summarization of her
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously curious as to what people will have to say about the situation.

My stats are 100% true

My goal weight is 215.

K....still not really understanding this particular thread and I'll be moving on now. Sounds like a fine goal though.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

My stats are 100% true

My goal weight is 215.

I'm not sure why anyone would answer you now. You obviously have an agenda, right? You don't really think you need our help. Well good luck.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

My stats are 100% true

My goal weight is 215.

2200 - 2500 calories a day and eat your exercise calories back. You might need to adjust this down a bit as you get closer to goal but that's a really good ball park I think. You'll probably want to pull this down to 2000 a day when you get within 30 pounds.

I'm maintaining around 210 lbs on 2500 calories so that should put you close enough to get started.
  • Quasita
    Options
    find some friends and dont post useless questions here when we could be helping someone instead of looking at your crap

Why do you keep coming back to the post if it's a waste of time? The action is completely contradictory. I'm asking for an opinion on the situation, which I have every right to do. Just as much right as you have to go away :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Try roughly 2293 cals....
  • Quasita
    Options

My stats are 100% true

My goal weight is 215.

2200 - 2500 calories a day and eat your exercise calories back. You might need to adjust this down a bit as you get closer to goal but that's a really good ball park I think. You'll probably want to pull this down to 2000 a day when you get within 30 pounds.

I'm maintaining around 210 lbs on 2500 calories so that should put you close enough to get started.

Cool, thanks :) I appreciate the input, I really do.
  • shaybuggie
    Options
    Oh, and just how did you type all upside-downy?

*must... learn...*
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is a Troll post..could be wrong...
    Me too.

What's a troll post? (No, seriously, I don't know...)

One with little to no value...one that is in no way serious.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Why do you keep coming back to the post if it's a waste of time? The action is completely contradictory. I'm asking for an opinion on the situation, which I have every right to do. Just as much right as you have to go away :D
    '

Opinion: eat less than you burn until you arrive at your goal weight. If you'd like to preserve LBM then lift weights. If you'd like to avoid misery then avoid lofty weight goals--a 15-20% deficit should suffice. Recalculate your TDEE with each 10-15 pound loss and find your new calorie target.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The answer is 42.
  • Quasita
    Options
    The answer is 42.

Yusssssss Hitchhiking at its finest ;)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Opinion: eat less than you burn until you arrive at your goal weight. If you'd like to preserve LBM then lift weights.

This can't be said enough. You need to make sure you're killing it with the weights when you're cutting weight. You want to preserve as much lean body mass as possible. It's much easier to lose fat than it is to build muscle. Preserve as much as possible. That's the difference between being 215 and awesome/flabby.

Don't be afraid to adjust your goal once you get closer too. I was aiming for 220 originally but found that 210 is a much better weight for what I'm after. Best of luck and make sure your protein intake is high while you're losing/lifting weights. 200 grams a day or a tad more would be a good target.
  • tnloser1970
    Options
    There are a lot of conflicting pieces of information on here... So I figured I'd ask the masses for input. How many calories should a person like me eat?

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 449lbs
    BF%: No idea
    Body Type: Large frame, heavily muscled

I have a limited budget so I'm trying to determine my calories and ways to reach that goal. I typically do 5-7 sessions of 20+ minutes of cardio a week, lots of times getting up to an hour. In an hour, I average around 750 calories burned with cardio exercises.

˙ʎluo ʇuıod ɐ əʌoɹd oʇ sı ʇsod sıɥʇ ˙slɐuoıssəɟoɹd snoɹəɯnu ɥʇıʍ ʇısıʌ ʎlɹɐlnƃəɹ puɐ ʞuıl ʇıɟ ɐıpəɯʎpoq ɐ ɥʇıʍ əəpʇ ʎɯ pəuıɯɹəʇəp əʌɐɥ ʎllɐnʇɔɐ ı :ıʎɟ

There is some information I don't know such as your age. But, based on what I have here, the USDA recommends you eat around 2,000 calories a day

Grains - 6 ounce(s) per day
    Vegetables - 2½ cup(s) per day
    Fruits - 2 cup(s) per day
    Dairy - 3 cup(s) per day
    Protein Foods - 5½ ounce(s) per day
    Oils - 6 tsp. per day

What I would recommend doing is checking out this link and making a profile to get your actual numbers. I hope this helps :)

Visit here https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/createprofile.aspx