Carb/protien switching, anyone do this?

Options
Well, I have my carbs set to 20%. About twice a month I switch it to MPF standards, which is really high in carbs compared to what I normally eat. Gives me a little energy boost and I get a day to enjoy my pasta :happy: I stay at my calorie goals so I really don't see any harm in it. Does anyone else do stuff like this?

Replies

• ractayjon
    Options
    20%? What are your protein/fats set at?
    I changed mine to 50% carbs/30% protein/20% fat a few weeks back and it seems to be working so far. My husband does 40/40/20 but that is a bit to much protein for me.
    I dont actually change my numbers but I do give my body a day or two each month of whatever eating.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I was never sure what my percentages should be, but was always going over on my protein and never eatting my carbs. So I switched it to 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. I was told you should be eatting half of your body weight in protein (or 1/2g per pound of body weight). Unless you are bodybuilding. If you eat too much protein you can have hair loss, so I try to stay around half my bodyweight in protein
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    20%? What are your protein/fats set at?
    I changed mine to 50% carbs/30% protein/20% fat a few weeks back and it seems to be working so far. My husband does 40/40/20 but that is a bit to much protein for me.
    I dont actually change my numbers but I do give my body a day or two each month of whatever eating.

I eat ALOT of protien!!!! I also workout alot also. Anyway, normally I'm set at 50% protien, 30% fat, and 20% carbs.