I really don't feel like I've lost weight...

I've lost 21 lbs total (14 since I started using MFP) and I don't feel like I look as different as I should. My arms and belly are way bigger now than they were when I weighed 191 before I was at my heaviest. Why is that? If I don't feel any skinnier, where in the h-e-double hockey sticks was all that weight I lost? Does anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes I wonder if the scale is wrong.

Replies

• Tiffany0688
    Tiffany0688 Posts: 8 Member
    I used to rely only on the scale, felt great when I saw the numbers going down, made me feel horrible like a failure when it stopped. Ive found that in order to really see how much I've progressed is through taking pictures once a week and measurements once a week. Dont give up!! There's muscle building up, even if you can't quite see it yet, over time the layers shed and waaalaaa the new you appears!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I've lost 21 lbs total (14 since I started using MFP) and I don't feel like I look as different as I should. My arms and belly are way bigger now than they were when I weighed 191 before I was at my heaviest. Why is that? If I don't feel any skinnier, where in the h-e-double hockey sticks was all that weight I lost? Does anyone else have this problem?

What is wrong is most likely in your head. Do you take progress pics? They help a lot. Whenever I'm feeling like a big fat *kitten* I look at my progress pics and I see it. Also, do you measure and do you measure your BF%? Both are great additions to the scale and become even more useful when you're near your goal weight.
  • I've lost 21 lbs total (14 since I started using MFP) and I don't feel like I look as different as I should. My arms and belly are way bigger now than they were when I weighed 191 before I was at my heaviest. Why is that? If I don't feel any skinnier, where in the h-e-double hockey sticks was all that weight I lost? Does anyone else have this problem?

What is wrong is most likely in your head. Do you take progress pics? They help a lot. Whenever I'm feeling like a big fat *kitten* I look at my progress pics and I see it. Also, do you measure and do you measure your BF%? Both are great additions to the scale and become even more useful when you're near your goal weight.

I've thought about progress pics, but I'm terrified of it x( That might be a good idea, though. I should be proud of the fact that I'm losing weight, even if I am still "fat." Maybe one picture a week?
  • Tiffany0688
    Tiffany0688 Posts: 8 Member
    I was petrified at first, took them on my cell phone and guarded it with my life afraid someone would come across them. Now after months of taking pictures I love whipping them out and showing off my progress. It is by FAR the best motivation booster for me. Give it a try, take one a week it's an awesome feeling being able to look back and see where you've started to where you've become.