Paleo Diet

Options
So, maybe I'm out of the groove, but I had never heard of the Paleo diet until today. I'm curious about how it's worked for those of you out there that follow it. Upsides? Downsides? Have you modified it at all?

Thanks -

Kat

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

You can do a search in the Message Boards and you'll find lots of discussions about Paleo.

There's also several groups on MFP. I like Paleo/Primal Support Group.

I eat Primal instead of Paleo because I love my dairy/cheese it's an important fat source for me.

Upsides: lost weight, inches, and fat, killed cravings, I like the structure.
    Downsides: harder to eat at restaurants... I often go off-plan for eating out. Need to plan meals more proactively and cook home more, which actually has turned into an upside for me. Also... lots of Paleo haters out there.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    2 years in February for me- It suits me the best. I tried a year of being vegetarian- no benefits at all for me.
    I have lost weight, more energy, better skin, no more wierd tummy issues either. It's just a healthier diet ( for me).
    I am asked at times what I do, when I tell folk I dropped processed food for natural and making food from scratch, I see resistance in their eyes- lol.
    When I tell them I dropped wheat - that is the deal breaker for most people!!
    Oh well- each to their own.