rest day

Options
When is every one rest day? Do you take just one or two? If you do yoga is that a rest day or not?

153118.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What is a rest day? I'm confused? I've been trying to get a rest day for months and I havent been able to get one yet.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday(one or the other) are my 2 rest day I usualy still do somthing like take a walk or do light cardio but I dont do any wight lifting on those days.

On the week-end, my off day is also my "cheat day". I dont really indulge in junk food but i dont log my food that day
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    thursday is my off day. i spin on monday and wednesday nights and hit the gym for 60 mins of cardio on each other morning. on thursdays, i also switch my settings from "lose 1 lb per week" to "maintain" (just for that one day each week) so i don't feel too deprived with my 1350 calories it typically allots me. it's been working for me!
  • yseidod
    Options
    I normally take one to two rest days from working out (meaning Resistance Training and Cardio) Your muscles needs to rest to fully recover. No sense in working out tired muscles. Try not to take rest days from eating healthy. My trainer just told me that even though you are good with eating healthy the whole week, when you splurge during the weekends it will probably just evens everything out.
  • dclarsh1
    Options
    My rest day moves around from week to week, I plan them around my son's evening hockey games when I know I won't have time to make it to the gym. If he doesn't have a game that week, then it's usually Friday because by then, I'm pretty pooped after a long week. I still try to eat within my calories that day, but I don't get upset with myself if I go over a little as long as I'm under my maintenance calories.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    What is a rest day? I'm confused? I've been trying to get a rest day for months and I havent been able to get one yet.

A day where you don't workout but still eat right

153118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I take Thursday and Sunday's off from working out. I might change up my Thursday with a Wed about once a month just to change it up.