weighing

Options
2»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    im finding it much easier to just weigh before cooking till i scan something and it gives the option lol. i saw a package at the store said calories 120 raw 130 cooked how can cooking something add calories to it? lol

You'd have to give an example of what it is...my guess is that it's 4oz raw, 4oz cooked...the 4oz cooked would have had a higher pre-cooked weight because some water is often cooked out. That's pretty negligible anyway.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    im finding it much easier to just weigh before cooking till i scan something and it gives the option lol. i saw a package at the store said calories 120 raw 130 cooked how can cooking something add calories to it? lol

You'd have to give an example of what it is...my guess is that it's 4oz raw, 4oz cooked...the 4oz cooked would have had a higher pre-cooked weight because some water is often cooked out. That's pretty negligible anyway.

I notice lots of things give nutrition as "cooked according to instructions" which often includes things like added butter, oil, milk etc - hence the additional calories
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If I can find a calorie count for "cooked" whatever, I use that.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I notice lots of things give nutrition as "cooked according to instructions" which often includes things like added butter, oil, milk etc - hence the additional calories

very true--like brownies, cookies, rice a roni, etc. forgot about those things.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options

It was fresh raw chicken breast. plain didnt come with cooking stuff or recepies or anything it just listed that raw was 10 calories LESS than cooked i just dont get how cooking it could make it gain 10 calories lmao.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything raw
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am sure it is before cooking. would be nice if it was after :wink: