Energy

Options
What are some natural ways to get energy? I have none at all, sometimes I cant deal with day to day stuff like housework and my part time job, much less work out . I think I hav a medical problem but they cant find anything. I know energy drinks are bad for you and they dont really work anyway for me. I tried some energy/wweight loss pills but i dont think theyre any better. What can I do?

Replies

• suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You're on the right road if you're eating right and getting at least a little activity. I don't know any "magic energy" tricks, but when I get a good night's sleep (hard with a 1 year old), my diet is good (fruits, veggies, lean meats...), and I find the time to exercise, I always seem to have more energy! Oh, I stopped drinking beer, too! :wink: One of my friends had no idea she was waking up at night (sleep apnea), causing her to feel tired all the time. If you really think you have a physical problem, you should see a different doctor.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    have you considerd that you could be suffering from depression or even just seasonal affective disorder? That can cause fatigue as well and maybe you just never put a label on it.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You might try the 5 hour energy drinks (the little bottles)... when I was working midnights I asked my doctor about them and i surprised me when he said he used them. He told me there was nothing in them that would hurt - if my body didn't need it hen I would have expensive urine. They are mostly B-vitamins and are not absorbed into the body but uses what it needs and flushes the rest. It is a thought - they might help until they can figure out what's going on with you. :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is also a great natural source for energy and it tastes delicious! I like to make mine a Peppermint Mocha.
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of Shakology. Where can I find them or do I make them? Im clueless
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a private message about it. It's very yummy!