Energy

ambee0803
ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What are some natural ways to get energy? I have none at all, sometimes I cant deal with day to day stuff like housework and my part time job, much less work out . I think I hav a medical problem but they cant find anything. I know energy drinks are bad for you and they dont really work anyway for me. I tried some energy/wweight loss pills but i dont think theyre any better. What can I do?

Replies

• suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    You're on the right road if you're eating right and getting at least a little activity. I don't know any "magic energy" tricks, but when I get a good night's sleep (hard with a 1 year old), my diet is good (fruits, veggies, lean meats...), and I find the time to exercise, I always seem to have more energy! Oh, I stopped drinking beer, too! :wink: One of my friends had no idea she was waking up at night (sleep apnea), causing her to feel tired all the time. If you really think you have a physical problem, you should see a different doctor.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    have you considerd that you could be suffering from depression or even just seasonal affective disorder? That can cause fatigue as well and maybe you just never put a label on it.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    You might try the 5 hour energy drinks (the little bottles)... when I was working midnights I asked my doctor about them and i surprised me when he said he used them. He told me there was nothing in them that would hurt - if my body didn't need it hen I would have expensive urine. They are mostly B-vitamins and are not absorbed into the body but uses what it needs and flushes the rest. It is a thought - they might help until they can figure out what's going on with you. :flowerforyou:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Shakeology is also a great natural source for energy and it tastes delicious! I like to make mine a Peppermint Mocha.
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Ive never heard of Shakology. Where can I find them or do I make them? Im clueless
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I just sent you a private message about it. It's very yummy!
This discussion has been closed.