Should I eat all my calories?

rkascak
rkascak Posts: 224 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So its getting late and i still have 500 calories left. I only get 1200 calories a day, so that mean i only ate 700 calories today... but im not hungry, at least not right now. Im thinking that I should eat something so i dont go into starvation mode. But i dont feel starved. Also, i didnt even work out today
So what im asking is:
Should I eat the rest of the calories I have?

Replies

• in my opinion -
    if this is a once in a while thing then no dont eat if you dont feel like it - but if you are finding that day after day you are running into this then I would reevaluate your meal plan and be sure to eat up.
  • you really should eat all your calories a day or very close too. 500 left over is alot! I wouldn't make a habit of it. if you do you can put yourself into starvation mode and your body will store fat. maybe have a bowl of cereal at this point but don't try to eat all 500 in one sitting, doubt you will cause you said you weren't hungry. dont' make a habit!!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    I'm in the same boat today...with 500+ calories left (some are from exercise). It just doesn't seem right to eat just to eat if the hunger isn't there. I might eat a pack of granola bars and a glass of milk (~300 calories) before bed. I agree with the previous poster...don't worry about it if it's not an everyday thing. Good luck! By the way, chocoloate might help rack up those calories!!! :wink:
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    I agree that once in awhile is one thing...consistently is a problem...I learned the hard way.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    I agree with the once in a while as well, but maybe have a glass of milk or my fav (chocolate milk) because sometimes when I have days where I just cant get close to my calories goal, the next day I go way over.
  • Yes, I think that you should eat your cals...I am learning the hardway. Me, having always been on "A Diet" is finding it so hard to understand.. eating 1200...then eating all my exercise cals too...to loose weight..you have to.
    I haven't moved on the scale... So now I am eating all those cals and starting to loose. FINALLY
    My stepbrother...works out everyday cardio here and there.... he says that he never stops eating. :flowerforyou:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    A peanut butter and jelly sandwich would take care of a lot of that 500 calories and get you some protein in the process.
This discussion has been closed.