Mashed cauliflower

2»

Replies

• marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Happy new Year from Chicago!
    This past Thanksgiving I prepared MASHED CAULIFLOWER WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND GARLIC. Lots of variations can be found on the web. :flowerforyou:
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Also try Mashed Parsnips.. they are super yummy. boil them and mash them up and add some salt pepper. i added tarragon and roasted garlic with a little olive oil.. so good.. and they have a good amount of fiber in them!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    this *kitten* is the bomb!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    great!
  • This is the one I use and I absolutely love it.....

What you will need:

1 head of cauliflower
    1 tablespoon of cream cheese
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    5 or so dashes of pepper
    Chives for garnish

Directions:

Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in a pot of water for about 10-15 minutes or until soft and cooked.
    Drain and dry using paper towels. Immediately place in food processor or blender. You do not want the cauliflower to cool.
    Puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
    Sprinkle the top with chives and a few dashes of pepper. Serve!

Now THIS sounds good!!! :-)
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    This is the one I use and I absolutely love it.....

What you will need:

1 head of cauliflower
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    5 or so dashes of pepper
    Chives for garnish

Directions:

Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in a pot of water for about 10-15 minutes or until soft and cooked.
    Drain and dry using paper towels. Immediately place in food processor or blender. You do not want the cauliflower to cool.
    Puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.

This is almost exactly the one I use, it is incredible! I save it and heat it up for lunch everyday with a half ounce of cheddar melted into it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html
  • tackie8383
    tackie8383 Posts: 59 Member
    saving for later - thanks!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    You know what- Thats it- I am making this today!!!! everytime i see about mashed cauliflower i think that sounds good--
    so today is the day

thanks for the recipe!!
  • My recipe has a few different steps to it but the result I feel is superior to mashed potatoes in every way. Even if I wasn't doing keto I'd probably still pick this over mashed potatoes!

You take a head of cauliflower and trim off the florets, leaving the stems behind (I usually save those to blanch for a snack later). This you boil in a pot of heavily salted beef broth. Boil it until it's nearly mushy in texture. Strain out the florets and mash them well. Add to a hot pan with 1 tbsp butter and stir and mash until all excess water is evaporated. By now the cauliflower should be a slurry. Remove from heat, stir in 2 ounces cream cheese and serve. If I have leftovers I make them into little balls, freeze them, then bread them with ground pork rinds and fry them for a meal the next day. :)
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    ok I have to say-

MAGIC happened in my food processor this evening-

it went from cauliflower to I swear garlic mashed potatoes

I had my 10 yr old take a bite & she said was really good potatoes- when i told her it was cauliflower she was aww struck

LOVE IT !!:heart::love: LOVE IT !!:heart::love: LOVE IT !!:heart::love: LOVE IT !!:heart::love:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I actually love mashed cauliflower! You can make pizza crusts from mashed cauliflower as well as use it for a vegetable style pancake :)

Seriously? Please send me a recipe.
  • This is the one I use and I absolutely love it.....

What you will need:

1 head of cauliflower
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    5 or so dashes of pepper
    Chives for garnish

Directions:

Definitely going to give this one a go!!!! Thanks!!
  • bump
  • mkc2004
    mkc2004 Posts: 21 Member
    bump
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    I love mashed cauliflower, but lately I've gotten lazy I think, I just eat the cauliflower whole.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    never tried this before

thanks for posting!
  • I use olive oil instead of butter and add parmesan cheese. It's really good.