Belly Help From Other Moms please!!!

Options
I would like to know if anyone has achieved a flat stomach after having a baby? I've had 3 children my yougest is now 5. I am close to my goal and I am happy with how far I've come but I am curious. Is it possible to have a flat stomach without surgery? I would love to hear from anyone who has any tips. Thank you!

Replies

• CreativeOne
    Options
    I would also like to know the same thing! I am a mom with a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old and am 41 yrs old. It is not easy! Do I have a flat stomach? NO! I struggle with this every day of my life since becoming pregnant. Help!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think it's not, in my case. I have two children and was very overweight when I was pregnant with them. I'm really toned everywhere but my stomach, and I can feel the muscles underneath, but my stomach is still flabby. I was watching Dr. Oz a few weeks ago and he was talking about how sometimes during pregnancy the stomach muscle actually separates and cannot repair itself. That's why some women bounce back after having babies and some don't.
  • queensara2478
    Options
    That makes sense! Thank you for your input. I thought that was probably the case but I was hoping it was possible. Its ok though. I'm learning to love my body despite the imperfect belly =).
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I've only had one baby and I am deffintly the lowest weight I've ever been, but still feel my lower stomach looks the same. So I'm thinking this is as good as its ganna get.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way. My "baby" is now 8 years old and I've always wondering if I'd start exercising right after giving birth would my stomach have bounced back better. At 5'0" I'm pretty much in shape everywhere except my stomach. My body is out of proportion and it looks like I am 3 months pregnant. I wear a tight undershirt type girdle (don't remember what it's called) in order to wear fitted T's. I'm about to throw out all of my low rise jeans and get regular jeans to avoid the muffin top. I am so conscience of it.