instead of cheese

Options

Replies

• _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!! Nachocheese, fermunda cheese, brie, I love getting a cheese ball and smearing it on crackers..

freak_chin_nuts_gif.gif
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Oh and before it gets commented on, I workout a lot, I have the calories to eat cheese, I just choose not to for my own meditation reasons. Thanks!

It plugs you up?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    They can pry the cheese from my cold dead hands. Go for reduced fat/low cal or exercise so you can fit it into your day. Everything in moderation.

Even my cold dead hands will not relinquish my cheese. I could go broke buying nothing but cheese and beer (my brother says I already did).

What is wrong with people: laughing cow? low fat cheese? yeast? hummus? oregano? These are not substitutes for cheese. Some of these things are fine on their own but they are not cheese replacements. I though hummus was just a cookie replacement anyway.

Anywho: DON'T FCK WITH MY CHEESE!!!!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Oh and before it gets commented on, I workout a lot, I have the calories to eat cheese, I just choose not to for my own meditation reasons. Thanks!

What does cheese have to do with meditation?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for cheese
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Can we please talk about nutritional yeast tasting cheesy?

There is no substitute for cheese. Learn how to use herbs and spices and you can cut back on cheese. But only a little, because life without cheese sucks.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything "instead of cheese." I work it into my day.
  • katydidnotdo
    Options
    When I started to cut back on Cheese, I bought only block cheese, and a hand held grater. If you have a meal you want cheese on put the block and the grater on the table. When you add cheese you have to hold the grater over your plate and grate the cheese actively, no resting the grater on the table or the edge of your plate and bowl. You will add less cheese to your plate than if you had bought shredded cheese or had prepped cheese in the kitchen. If you buy a small block and a small grater you can even take it with you for Lunches to go, but remember the ice pack to keep the cheese cold until you get back home to a fridge.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I started to cut back on Cheese, I bought only block cheese, and a hand held grater. If you have a meal you want cheese on put the block and the grater on the table. When you add cheese you have to hold the grater over your plate and grate the cheese actively, no resting the grater on the table or the edge of your plate and bowl. You will add less cheese to your plate than if you had bought shredded cheese or had prepped cheese in the kitchen. If you buy a small block and a small grater you can even take it with you for Lunches to go, but remember the ice pack to keep the cheese cold until you get back home to a fridge.
    Or buy a food scale and plan out a portion.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Or buy a food scale and plan out a portion.

Or, when you buy a one pound wheel of brie you can cut it in quarters and know that each quarter is 4 ounces. Then you eat the whole quarter. Less math.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Cut out cheese? I do not grok.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Gomasio
  • cindy8120
    Options
    I like fat free feta on tons of stuff even burgers. Also they sale a veggie shredds and slices you get used to.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh and for people that do eat cheese, a MICROPLANE is so your best friend !I love mine! :D you can get fancy, expensive, high quality cheese and just shred a bit here, a bit there and well, just eat it! :D
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify. I'm not really getting rid of cheese in my whole diet. At times I can do the whole measure my portion, plan it out kind of thing. What I'm referring to is those times when it's all or nothing. I don't want a sprinkle, or a single slice or 2.
    I want half the (large) block of cheese. For the people saying I should just exercise more, that's all fine, but once I've eaten that much, I may say I'm going to run a mile now, or do an extra hour, but I won't. so again I would have to plan, do the workout ,then eat it.

This isn't my first time on this ride. What I've learned is I hate calorie counting. I learned that last time around, and I still hate it.
    However, I eat and like healthy food most of the time. So I can actually just eat when I'm hungry, except a few days a month,
    lots of veggies, lean meat, lentils and fruit and all that good stuff. So long term if I'm not always counting, sometimes I need some go to recipes that don't rely on cheese for flavor. toppings for veggies for instance. I'm all for hummus, 24/7 but not everyone in my family feels that way, and eventually they get tired of garlic and olive oil. (i don't lol)

thanks for all the thoughtful responses, apparently this is a hot topic.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    I always have a hard time finding the FF or LF versions of cheese, if I even remember to get it in addition to what everyone else will have. don't like creamy or feta like cheese, i'm glad there are options for people that do. I mostly like hard cheeses like cheddar, and love all types of mozzarella or provolone.

I have noticed, I can't taste it on sandwiches, so I usually eat those without cheese. with liberally applied chipotle mustard on it. and lettuce or other veggies if I have it.
  • eas1950
    Options
    Have you tried nutritional yeast sprinkle it on lots of things very cheese like.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time. I'm losing weight and my cholesterol is perfectly fine. I don't understand where you get your information.

full fat cheese like cheddar has 5g of saturated fat per 1 oz serving. I'm often eating more than 1 oz, and it's not the only saturated fat food I'm eating. foods high in sat. fat are likely to result in raising cholesterol. my levels of everything has been fine, despite what the scale says, but my other half's cholesterol is a little high. so using less cheese for the family would be good for him too.
    since I do all the cooking.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I know this is a super old topic but bump to remember the ideas