Slimming the back for brides to be!

Options
Many brides out there find their dream dress. Most of them are strapless. Lots of brides complain about the oh so treacherous "Back Fat" and "Armpit fat". So what are you guys' favorite workouts for your Arms, Back, Armpits,Triceps...etc.? I am going crazy trying to find something that works. Any Suggestions? :sad:

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    There's no way to target fat on a specific area of your body, but you can target muscles to tone the area, so that the overall tone is improved, and so the lean tissue can help you burn more fat. Check out some of the exercises for the upper body over at Spark People. I find them to be a pretty reliable resource. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercise_demos.asp?exercise_type=upper

And congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • PoisonSugar
    Options
    Non-gym exercises... PUSH-UPs!!! They work your triceps, biceps, pectoralis muscles (the often unsightly armpit area between arms and chest), and your traps (back). Another great one for your back/triceps are DIPS ---> Grab a kitchen chair/stool... with legs straight out, place arms on the edge of chair, your butt should be just in front of the seat/edge. Bend elbows so that your butt lowers and lift yourself back again. Repeat (dip) 15 times for 2 sets. Make sure you stretch before and after you exercise!!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    pushups worked great for me when I prepped for my big day. :)

HTH
  • 2723obriens
    Options
    The biggest thing is just losing the extra weight. Back fat tends to disperse gradually with belly fat and hip/thigh fat. It is a little bit harder to tone. Some exercises may help a bit though. Don't go crazy with the pushups becaues it can make your arms bigger. Focus on using small weights (3 pounds or a can of soup) and lift your arms out to the sides.....do small and large circles. I like to count to fifty or so. It really helps get a little definition to your arms and back without all the extra bulk. Good luck and let me know how it goes.