PCOS and weight loss

Any suggestions on meals that you all like, feelings about PCOS. Diet plans... the works. Let me have it!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Lift heavy weight 3x a week on a program like www.stronglifts.com then do mild cardio for 10 mins after.
    Thats about an hour in the gym each session.
    Then eat about 20% below TDEE.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    We have a group called P.C.O.Sis... join us!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    I also have PCOS although not to the severity that a lot of woman have it. Before I had my third child and I was trying to loose weight, my Dr. suggested that I take metformin. My insurance company didn't like it, but it helped with shedding the pounds. I am not sure of the logistics of how it works but it's worth asking about. As far as exercises, I think you can do just about anything you want, but with the PCOS it's about working just a little bit harder.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/153-pcos-cysters-losing-together

There's another group for "Cysters". You can also search for threads about PCOS. There's actually quite a few ladies here with PCOS. Some don't have trouble losing weight but some do. I know I honestly have extra trouble losing weight.

I haven't found a lot of success in anything right now but I do know that some women have success with limiting carbs and gluten (I read somewhere that women with PCOS are a certain percent more likely to have/develop celiacs disease OR some form of gluten sensitivity which might be why that works for some people).

Overall, I have noticed that diet makes the biggest difference. I can work my butt off exercising like crazy but it doesn't make a difference unless my eating changes. Even eating one single little cookie can make a big difference in my body.

Definitely search for threads though. Everybody with PCOS is different so it's kind of hit and miss to find out what works for YOU. Also what about medication? Have you talked to a doctor about it? Have you been put on any medication?