to my ladies "up in the gym working on their fitness"

Options
AzaleaNicole38
AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
Do you wear make up to the gym?

I had a job where appearance was almost everything, so when I headed to the gym afterwards, my face would be completely done. But now that I leave to go to the gym from home, I don't care to apply it.
I have a friend that WILL NOT go to the gym unless she at least has mascara and eyeliner on. To those who say "you'll sweat it off," she swears by waterproof make up.
So as superficial as it sounds, do you wear make up to the gym, and why/why not?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This thread again?
  • dthompson88
    Options
    If its leftover from the day, then it's there. Lol If I go first thing in the morning, then definitely not. I'm married, I have no one to impress!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    of course
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you wear make up to the gym?

No. For me, I rarely wear makeup anyway, but when I go to the gym I'm there to work out and have absolutely zero interest in how I look, so I would never apply makeup to go to the gym. I'm focused on running or lifting weights or whatever other exercise I'm doing and don't notice other people at all.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I only workout at home now, but back when I went to the gym I usually did only because I already had it on. I didn't go full on burlesque mode with it, but I'd touch up my lip gloss.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I remove my makeup before I workout or I end up breaking out pretty badly from sweat + makeup.

I do put a little on afterwards after I shower and clean up.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    YES. I workout at the end of a regular day and still have makeup on. And I workout harder than everyone there that wants to judge me for it. GTFOver it, ladies.

(comment not directed at OP, but to the inevitable masses that will show up and say nobody 'serious' wears makeup to work out.)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup for dressy occasions....so definately not at the gym. Moisturizer, on the other hand.....
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't put make up on for the gym. If i go to it after school and i have it on then sure i guess so. Point is I'm not going to impress people of pick up guys I'm there for a healthier me. The last thing i need is someone hitting on my during my "me time"
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    No, because I never wear make up.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    . And I workout harder than everyone there

except for me

admit it
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup, period. Too f*ckin lazy. I like the way it looks though.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    . And I workout harder than everyone there

except for me

admit it

bite
  • Dpade1337
    Options
    I wouldn't wear make-up to the gym. You are there to workout, not look like a Ke$ha video. If you already had it on, okay, leave it on..but you don't need it at the gym. People will think you look good if you are working out hard at the gym!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Yes. Some of us don't like looking like housefraus in public, gym or otherwise.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    YES. I workout at the end of a regular day and still have makeup on. And I workout harder than everyone there that wants to judge me for it. GTFOver it, ladies.

But that's exactly it. When I'd go I'd get dirty looks from females and males alike. It was kinda like, "I'm coming from work sorry..."
    And how make up is even on my face by the end of it I have no idea, because I sweat till I can't sweat anymore!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

But that's exactly it. When I'd go I'd get dirty looks from females and males alike. It was kinda like, "I'm coming from work sorry..."
    And how make up is even on my face by the end of it I have no idea, because I sweat till I can't sweat anymore!

Ignore them. You're there for you. Do your thing!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    SU and squat...lets get back to **** that matters...

(Joking here peeps).
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    also

I do not care.