Weigh In

Options
So how often do you weigh in? I'm tempted to weigh in every day, lol.

Replies

• BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I actually do weigh myself every day, but I've done it for many years and am VERY comfortable with the daily fluctuations that my body can have. Too much sodium or a hard workout and I can easily "gain" 3 to 5 pounds of water weight overnight (not to mention the bloating when I'm PMSing). I know what it is and it doesn't discourage me. In fact, I find it kind of fascinating to see what my body does.

That said, weighing in once a week is recommended.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week - on Friday or Saturday morning. That way if I mess up over the weekend, I have time to get it back off before I weigh again!!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I actually do weigh myself every day, but I've done it for many years and am VERY comfortable with the daily fluctuations that my body can have. Too much sodium or a hard workout and I can easily "gain" 3 to 5 pounds of water weight overnight (not to mention the bloating when I'm PMSing). I know what it is and it doesn't discourage me. In fact, I find it kind of fascinating to see what my body does.

That said, weighing in once a week is recommended.

That is a great mind-set! I weigh daily but record weekly. I'm starting to realize the positive benefits to acknowledging and accepting the daily fluctuations and what small modifications I can to make to stay on track.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Although it's not recommended, I weigh myself twice a day (morning and night) but I don't obsess about it. If I forget in the morning I don't run back into the house and take off my clothes again and it doesn't bother me when I'm traveling, and in the evening if I forget and get into bed I don't hop out of bed again to weight myself.

I think the morning weight is the most accurate. The evening weigh-in reminds me that there will be those daily fluctuations, and it also keeps me mindful of what I'm eating in the evenings.