What a difference 1 year can make!

Options

Replies

• Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    SO INSPIRING!!! AMAZING!! CONGRATS!!!
    On January 3rd, 2012 I did my first workout of the new year, it was a 20 minute Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout. Immediately after the workout I puked, but more importantly I did it again the next day. Today on January 3rd, 2013 I just finished a 25 mile bike ride and a 7 mile run and feel fantastic, but more importantly I will do it again tomorrow. I have gone from a 265 pound couch potato to a 185 pound triathlete and have loved every second of it. Below is a picture of me before starting to workout in 2012 and a picture of me after completing my first triathlon back in September. I am registered to do at least 5 more triathlons this year including two Ironman triathlons. You really can do anything you put your mind to, just refuse to quit!

michael_zps618e0d9e.jpg
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    OMG you look amazing, congrats!!!
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job you look awesome!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is fascinating!! Do you live somewhere wonderful where it doesn't get to be freezing all winter? Cycling is GREAT!
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW you are quite the inspiration! Awesome work!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Fantastic job!!
  • myana1
    myana1 Posts: 27
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! You're an inspiration!
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i can tell that the year used was very useful to you!!!!! congrats.....you look good!!!! keep it up!!!!!!
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    Wow! This is inspirational poster material. Great work!
  • michaelvhawk
    michaelvhawk Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That is fascinating!! Do you live somewhere wonderful where it doesn't get to be freezing all winter? Cycling is GREAT!

I wish I lived somewhere warm. Unfortunately I live in a very cold climate and only get a few months out of the year when there are no freezing temps. Most of my weight loss and training was/is done indoors.
  • kevinbbrown2012
    Options
    Thank you for the post, you inspire me, I have just begun my weight loss journey I started at 234 and today I weighed in at 228, I know I have a long road ahead of me but I am very determined to do this. Thanks again for sharing your success.
  • Rinylee
    Rinylee Posts: 16
    Options
    You look amazing, this is very inspiring! :)
  • LaceyCwell
    Options
    Great job! You look so happy and healthy!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    WOW...what a transformation! You look amazing...you sure put the year to good use.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Michael, fantastic progress. In 1 year - this is awesome. Congrats!!!
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job, Great motivation.
  • mmahair
    mmahair Posts: 34
    Options
    Great job, you make me want to succeed!
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing inspiration...and I love that you are wearing the same shoes in both pics...I have no idea why...it just amuses me...
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Isn't it a great life!!! You didn't give up, you conquered food!!! Enjoy life to it's fullest!
  • Blair2374
    Blair2374 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your title is very true!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!