Weight loss and Exercise 'tools'

Options
Hi all

Am interested to know what 'tools' (apart from My fitness pal) have you all found best for weight loss and fitness, what could you not be without? X X X

Replies

• jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    Every time I feel like a Big Mac, I pop in the dvd Super Size Me.

That's enough to help me stay on course.

Doug
  • heathernz
    heathernz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My cheer squad!! My two teenage kids have been a great support! They have helped me compare products and choose the best options, my daughter comes running with me, my son and I went for a bush walk tonight. They haven't complained about the changes in our fridge / pantry.

I also have a 'sculpture' - i got a big plastic container, and I've been adding stuff to it out of the pantry, making it the same weight that I have lost - we all get a buzz out of that, and a buzz out of picking it up to feel the actual weight i have lost!!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it without the gym, I have three kids so I had to pay extra for the nursery there, which makes me get off my butt and go. If I don't, that money goes to waste, and I am too cheap. I have also been doing the twohundredsitups.com and the one hundred push up program they have too. It kicks my butt at home.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Am interested to know what 'tools' (apart from My fitness pal) have you all found best for weight loss and fitness, what could you not be without? X X X

Great question, i'll be interested to hear what resources other people use too! I find Women's Fitness magazine really inspiring as I get bored quite easily and there are always new exercises or recipes to try!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Every time I feel like a Big Mac, I pop in the dvd Super Size Me.

That's enough to help me stay on course.

Doug

That'll do it!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mine would be my recipe websites. I used sparkrecipes.com to house my personal recipes, but I use several others to search for new ones.

CookingLight.com (I also get the magazine)
    eatbetteramerica.com
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/RecipeIndex
    http://www.prevention.com/health/cook