Just Saying...don't like those exercise bands

Options
Considering I've been lugging kids around for the last six years (and the oldest now weighs over 50 pounds) it's pretty embarrassing how weak my arms are. I'm doing Slim in 6. Most of the time I don't use the bands, just do the exercises without them. Well, I've been slowly trying to work them in....it sucks! It's hard, they hurt, and like I said, I can't believe how weak I feel! Even though I'm alone in my living room it's humiliating!

Ok, got that out. Happy Friday!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You have to be entertained at our frailities, don't you? :flowerforyou: Reading your post made me think of the first few times I tried working with an exercise ball - falling off of it - having it pop up and hit the television... embarassing yes, humiliating yes... but you have to admit (especially after you win and conquer) how funny it is... you will get it one of these days... hang in there... you should see me trying to Belly Dance OMG!!!!!!:laugh: I'm glad there aren't any cameras around. :laugh: We will get there!! :drinker:
  • AngelaRae23
    Options
    I understand the humiliating part. Even when I'm alone in my house exercising, if i can't keep up with a routine, or I can't handle the pushups and can only do 3 out of the 10 before collapsing (im super weak upperbodywise as well) i get so embarassed.
  • dianaemanuel
    Options
    I hate the bands too. And once they snapped off the handle and smacked me in the face. Now, I just use dumbbells. Not sure if you can do that with Slim in 6. I am using P 90 X at the moment. One way that really deals with the patheticness of the first few workouts is to write everything down (just like they say). So now when I can only do 20 push ups on my 52nd day, I look back to the first day, when I could only do 10 knee push ups. I started with regular and dropped to knee as soon as I tanked. The split beteen regular and regular has gradually shifted, and I can watch it climb. So now, when hubby does like a gazillion push ups, I don't care, b/c I can look at how far I have come. Still waiting for my first "real" pull up -- heavy chair assist still, but I'm thinking sometime this year :)