Night Workers--Dinner Help!

Hi all, so i'm working nights 4/5pm-1am and to keep myself from eating 4 meals a day I have lunch, dinner, and after work food. Overall the first two meals are healthy but when I get off work I keep eating chips and dip, burritos, etc (I work at Trader Joe's it's dangerous).

I want to cook stuff when I get home and eat healthier but I don't want to be up cooking when i'm already awake until 3 or 4am. I might start cooking stuff to warm up . . . but just wondering if anyone has any quick fixes that work for them.

Thanks!

Replies

• When I worked overnight shifts 12am-8am, I used my crock pot A LOT (I'd make breakfast casseroles in them, or something I knew I'd want to eat when I got home around 8:30 in the morning). Also, on your days off, or when you do your grocery shopping--go ahead and wash and cut up your fruits and veggies and make those just as accessible as the snacky things like chips and what not.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    I work 7p-7a. I usually get up about 4pm and cook a "dinner", enough to eat then for "breakfast", and then again about 1am for "lunch". Right before I go home, I eat greek yogurt as my "dinner". Funny I know, but I'm so sleepy after working long nursey shifts I just want to crash. Greek yogurt is my friend. :)
  • I work that shift I usually eat my dinner around 9ish when I take my break. I usually pack something to go. I also eat 3 meals and 2 snacks throughout the day. I would say to try and eat dinner on break if possible then if hungry when you get home. I usually eat a sugar free jello cup or two at 10 calories a piece can't go wrong.