Gaining inches on 30 day shred? +30DS january group?

Options
Why am I Gaining inches on 30 day shred? I am on day 5 of level one (I know it's just the beginning) and I measured myself today...from day one to today, I Gained an inch on my hips...Why? And I haven't lost any inches on my other body parts...I do the 30DS everyday (except yesterday due to some issue)...am I doing anything wrong? I don't understand :frown:

And oh yeah...I was wondering if anyone is starting their 30 day shred from this month...would they like to join in? I would really be motivated if I know there are other people working on it with me.. Anyone interested? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am on level 3 of the shred right now and I definitely haven't gained any inches while doing it. However, during level 2 I didn't lose any inches off of my hips due to my diet being so poor from holiday eating and wine drinking. Has there been any change in your diet that might be causing you to not lose inches in that area. Also, if you're bloated for any reason that could cause your hip and possibly your waist to expand as opposed to decrease. Other than that I can't really think of any reason why this would be happening. Stick with it though and see if the results change after completing all 10 days of the first level.
  • justme9717
    Options
    yeah I guess bloating is the reason...May be.. Anyways...thanks a lot...that really helped =)
  • kullyg
    kullyg Posts: 17
    Options
    I have just started it this morning. I dont have a tape measure though so havent run any measurements, but am going to my mums tomorrow so will do it then. Feel free to add me on here.
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my last day of level one, but I wasn't able to get a workout in. Starting level two tomorrow! (:
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tonight - feel free to add me!
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    just started l1d1 yesterday, feel free to add me as well
  • justme9717
    Options
    friendship request sent to all...=)
  • janyben
    janyben Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did you measure at a different time of the day? For example, if you measured in the morning on the first day, before breakfast, and the second day was after a meal, your measurements could be effected.

I JUST started the 30-day shred today, I'd love some new friends! :) -- OMG, it was hard! My arms are still shaking after an hour! But it was a great workout and I know I'll see some great results! :) i can't wait for the next 30 days to be over so I can see what I'm going to look like!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 last night! This is my second time doing the shred. I love it!
  • justme9717
    Options
    even I can't wait to see the results! Hope it works for all of us! (=
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did you measure after working out? If so, you may have been a bit puffy from working out. Measure yourself first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything.

Maybe you didn't measure in the same exact place?
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Add me! This is my day 3 of level 1 on 30DS - also, as for gaining inches in the hip area, when did you measure? I'm just wondering because if it was post-workout, maybe your glutes were just really pumped? Lol, anyhoo, best of luck!
  • ThinMint_Stac
    ThinMint_Stac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    give it sometime! i lost 16 inches by the end!
  • ashuley
    ashuley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i started 3 days ago, wondering what peoples routine is like, do you do it every other day? 5 days a week? or what :)
    also fee free to add me, i love this dvd and MFP