Hey what gym do you go to?

Options
2»

Replies

• itsdonna35
    Options
    Gym membership is unnecessary :smile: I lost nearly 60lbs and have kept it off for over a year so far with just plain old walking and running, a mini trampoline, a set of dumb bells and a couple of exercise dvds!

Hopefully one day gym membership will be unnecessary for me but at this point in my weight loss journey...it is necessary for me..so very necessary.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness. I only pay 19 a month because I joined a smaller gym a couple of years ago that got bought out by LA Fitness, but my son pays 30 a month.

There are about 15 treadmills, 15 ellipticals, 15+ bikes, rowing machines, stair steppers. Complete array of weight machines, and a very large area for free weights. There's an exercise classroom, where they offer Zumba, yoga, step aerobics, kickboxing, Pilates, etc., and another room full of bikes for spinning class. There's an indoor pool and sauna. A training area with exercise balls, etc. A mat. A juice bar that makes good smoothies. I've had a great experience there. I worked out with a trainer for awhile, and he has been great. Now I'll only get to work out with him once a month, because I'm cutting back the budget. But there is a lady in charge of training who will meet with you whenever, do your measurements, talk about your goals and how you're doing, set up a workout for you if you don't know what to do, etc. For free.

I'm very happy with LA Fitness, and I'm also happy that it's five minutes from my house. :-)