Late Night Eating

Options
Hi All,

I have been fighting with late night snacking for years and lately is has been getting worse. I try to drink a lot of water, focus on other things, and/or stay as far away from the kitchen as possible. And yet I find myself continuously snacking or even eating large meals at night. What makes it worse is the ease of ordering food here in Bangkok (I am currently working here) - McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Swensens, etc. etc., can all be ordered for delivery by phone/internet 24/7.

I am hoping by joining this site I can beat this thing. I feel it is the number one thing defeating any progress toward a healthy state of being (mentally and physically) as I exercise 3-4 times a week and eat pretty healthy during the day time (perhaps not enough, which is causing the massive hunger pangs at night?)

Can anyone offer any advice on successful strategies they have used to fight off these hunger pangs? I must admit my sleeping behavior has been sporadic and at times I stay up very late at night.

Thank you all and good health!

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Read the book "Mindless Eating", it's a good, quick read and has loads of helpful tips for stopping... well, mindless eating. :o) Good luck!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Save plenty of calories for those times. If you know that's your prefered time to eat, then save some room in your calorie budget for it. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat if you stay within your recommended calories.