One of those nights......

LynnW52
LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so I had a few girlfriends over last night to play bunko. I knew I was going to have a busy day and that my guests wouldn't leave til around 9 p.m. I hate to workout that late because by the time I take a shower and get to bed, it's way to late. So, I had planned my calories for the day knowing that I wouldn't be doing my regular cardio workout.

My question is, on nights like these, when you plan your calories accordingly, is it "ok" to skip your workout for the day? I still did some sit ups on the excercise ball and a few sets with the weights, but didn't burn nearly as many calories as I do when I run on the eliptical.

I'm feeling guilty, like I already let myself down.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    don't sweat the small stuff - it's a long way to eden!
  • I'm viewing this as a lifestyle change and not a diet with workout, in life stuff happens, we can't always be perfect. If your not contantly skipping then I wouldn't worry. I mean we should all take a break and sometimes splurge, as long as it doesn't become a habbit. You'll stick with it longer if you are not to hard on yourself.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Ok so I had a few girlfriends over last night to play bunko. I knew I was going to have a busy day and that my guests wouldn't leave til around 9 p.m. I hate to workout that late because by the time I take a shower and get to bed, it's way to late. So, I had planned my calories for the day knowing that I wouldn't be doing my regular cardio workout.

My question is, on nights like these, when you plan your calories accordingly, is it "ok" to skip your workout for the day? I still did some sit ups on the excercise ball and a few sets with the weights, but didn't burn nearly as many calories as I do when I run on the eliptical.

I'm feeling guilty, like I already let myself down.
    Of course! You can lose weight and get healthy just by your diet. I am totally NOT saying that exercise is not beneficial or needed but many do this journey a long time without incorporating exercise.

Anyway, there is no reason you should feel like you let yourself down. You planned accordingly - that's a huge success. I am in the same boat. I burned my palm pretty bad last night and couldn't do my exercise video and was pissed! But I was able to fix my food so that I was still ok. :) No worries, life happens. You did the right thing.
This discussion has been closed.