feel so guilty...!

Options
but i shouldn't, because today is my scheduled rest day. it feels so weird! i feel like i'm not being productive even though i know my body needs the rest. i'm trying not to give myself a hard time, but that's the tricky part. i'll try to just stay happy about *finally* graduating to 20 pound dumbbells for some of my arm work and knowing that i need today off or plyometrics is going to floor me tomorrow! anyone else get a guilt complex for doing the right things? sheesh! you just can't win!

Replies

• meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    On my rest days I still do light yoga. It makes me feel good, and its good to stretch your muscles on their off days. If you don't have any yoga dvds or any knowledge of poses, you can get on youtube for some short videos or if you have onDemand there are some free ones.
  • rlucas1972
    Options
    I look at it this way: the body needs rest to be productive, therefore, I am doing exercise by resting. It helps me get through the guilty feelings by realizing that I am doing my body a favor by keeping it fresh. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    No, I feel you! That rest day always makes me feel like i'm cheating myself by not doing my regular routine. Maybe it's just because i've come to love the results...I need to learn to just take a day for myself-other than a sick day-so i'm thinking you should do the same! Have a great day off! :wink: