Hello From Bangkok!

Options
Hi All,

I am a New Yorker working and living in Bangkok. I just joined MFP and love this site!

I do have one wacky question. When I work out I notice my net calories remaining for the day is close to 979 (remaining calories for the day = 479). Does this mean I can eat until the net calorie amount is 0 (wouldn't that be nice..haha) and still lose weight in the long run? Or do I have to make sure that my net amounts for each day is high?

Thank you all and I am pleased to join all of you!

Replies

• _rosegray
    _rosegray Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you have to keep your net calories up.. basically you need a certain amount to meet your basal metabolic rate, just to keep your body functioning normally. the MFP targets are already set a lot lower than your total daily energy expenditure so if you hit the targets you're still going to lose weight (hopefully!). if you go lower than this you risk lowering your metabolism etc.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat up. You can eat your exercise calories and will still lose weight. You might need to adjust if you find you are losing to slow or fast.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    You need to eat all those Remaining calories PLUS MORE. Your goals are set too low....