Water Enhancers??

Options
Does anyone use any of those powder mixes that you add to your water to encourage you to drink more? I'd like opinions on what's good and what isn't. Are there any that have more benefit than just making you drink more?

Replies

• freedMan
    Options
    I use crystal light and welches flavorings. Why? Simply taste, thats it. I never used to drink water, just Diet Sodas and coffee, Now I have a daily work routine that has been very effective for me. I have a 64ox container and I drink 64oz from 8-12, 64oz from 1-5 and probably another 20-32 oz from 5-9. Its helped curb hunger pangs and helped me push through my plateau!
  • jday53405
    Options
    Ill throw some crystal light in my water bottle every once and awhile also. I don't know of anything that will make you drink more. Do they make something like that? I would be interested in reading on it if you have a link to a product like that.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I just put in Emergen C packets or Propell. The propel for electrolytes for days that I have long runs and Emergen C is a lot of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your body use food as fuel instead of saving the food as fat.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I use Propel Powder Packets. It has antioxidants, Vitamin c, B6 & B12 in it. It also does not have Aspartame (artificial sweetner) in it which Crystal Light & a lot of the other diet drinks have in them. Aspartame has been linked to many health problems. I have tried the Kiwi Strawberry flavor so far. I like it a lot. It is a very light flavor. It has 20 calories & 4g sugar per packet. One packet per 16 fl. oz. of water. They have it at Walmart.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    you could just try some lemon!!! cheaper and healthier!!!
  • stephmyers1
    Options
    tasty ideas for water... saving for later
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use True Lemon. They also make True Lime, but they come in tiny little packages that are really easy to throw in a bottle at anytime. I've actually gotten a few people at work hooked on it too, and I think it was someone on MFP that recommended it to me. Good luck on your water flavour hunt!