Travelling

Options
I am going on a trip to Australia/Thailand for 4 months and its not going to be feasible to log or be on MFP...any tips to keep my weight under control? Thanks...

Replies

• brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am going on a trip to Australia/Thailand for 4 months and its not going to be feasible to log or be on MFP...any tips to keep my weight under control? Thanks...

Thank God for databases and electronic stuff like this which has made it tons easier but looks like you gonna have to go old school and log on paper when you are in Thailand.

I think you should be able to log on in Austrailia.

I hope you have safe travels.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options

Yes you can log on here......

when are you here and what State you coming too....

Welcome. xoo
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we just got the internet a couple of months ago in Australia, so as long as you're not in Tasmania, you should be right! :laugh:

In Thailand, you'll probably just have to do the best you can - and relax a bit - you're on holiday!
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I moved to Japan 7 months ago and for the first 5 months I completely gave up on logging. I had too many things to do and deal with. But two months ago I started again and it's doable. More difficult, of course, I can't read any nutrition info, usually just the cal number - let alone there are so many products without any nutrition info - but doable. What helps the most is that I mainly eat homemade food and I can calculate the calories. When I eat out I try my best to guess. It also helps that Japanese portions are small and the food is generally quite healthy.
    It's tough when traveling though, I always have problems keeping track of my food when I travel. Try to do the best you can and enjoy your trip.
  • namkeng
    namkeng Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I live in Thailand and log in with wifi on my phone but there are also lots of internet cafes here.
  • beccyclark
    Options
    I know there will be Internet access whilst travelling but don't want to rely on it-invade I can't get to a computer. Also want to enjoy myself and not stress about logging!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey, just seen this. I know what you mean, its hard to log when you're away as you eat out alot / get takeaways etc. If it makes you feel better I was in Australia for 5 weeks and ate and drank whatever I wanted the whole time, I put on 5 pounds which I considered good! I thought I put on a stone! It took me 5 weeks to lose it but I'd enjoyed myself so much that dieting again wasn't a big deal!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be doing a lot of walking and hiking. If you don't want to log, just try to include healthy options in your diet. You already know what foods are good for you.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Don't log, just enjoy yourself.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Be reasonable & watch your portion sizes - that is, try not to overeat. Try to make sure you're getting some walking in. Other than that, eat whatever you want to taste and enjoy yourself. Enjoying life's great adventures trumps worrying about weight.