Found a great snack!!

Options
I am a big snacker and I love crunchy salty things like chips of course. I just discovered I could make my own chips with the most amazing substitute......won ton wrappers. I have heard of them being covered with cinnamon/sugar and used for desserts so I tried them as a tortilla chip.

I cut each small won ton wrappers into 2-3 pieces and VERY lightly salt them.

Spray a non stick baking sheet and lay each chip flat and lightly spray the top of each chip as well.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until crispy

I dip them in salsa
Sprinkle them with some low fat cheese
Or even make them with cinnamon/sugar as a dessert with fruit salsa

10 won-ton wrappers (which makes about 25-30 chips)
170 calories
1 gram fat
36 carbs
5 grams protein

Good Luck!....hope you like them!

Replies

• Pieater
    Options
    Win! (yes, I'm a fan of failblog.org)
    I've always like the fried (evil) won ton wrappers that are served at the Chinese restaurants. I bet they'll bake some instead if I ask on my next visit.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    GREAT idea! i've also heard that you can use said wonton wrappers for lower calorie empanadas!!!
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    Good tip! I have recently taken to slicing up corn tortillas and baking them; great alternative to fried tortilla chips!
  • gpies
    gpies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try these. I also am a big snacker and have made pita chips, etc. but haven't tried these. Thanks so much for sharing your tip.
  • izbet106
    izbet106 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sounds Delicious!
  • arfletcher
    Options
    do a google search for Kale Chips - YUMMY!!!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You can Make lots of great appetizers with won ton wrappers!

Put them into muffin pans and bake them with your favorite fillings (precook the meat).

I've filled them with Chicken (boiled or sauteed with olive oil and spices), bbq sauce and 2%cheddar cheese.... Or Low Fat ranch and 2% cheddar cheese. You can also fill them with taco meat (I use lean ground turkey), fat free refried beans, taco sauce and top with 2% cheddar cheese...

you bake them at about 340 til they turn golden brown.. then you can top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. They are always a hit at parties.

Your idea sounds great! I'm going to try that!
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump