Under stress :(

Options
My 1.5year old son has been diagnosed with an Iguria (sp) hernia. He is going to need surgery and its booked in two weeks. This is stressful enough, but for him its harder. The hernia keeps popping out, in the last week we've been to ER three times to get it temperarily fixed while we wait for his surgery date. Everytime this happens my poor baby is in agony, can't even stand and just clings and cries.

So I've done pretty well sticking to my healthy eating habits despite the stress until last night. When we returned from ER for the third time and they told me they still won't give him the surgery early, he'll just have to keep living with the pain for two weeks.

Last night I sat down and made a plate of nacho's and cheese. I even thought I was doing well, portioned it out and in the end was under 100cal over my daily intake. Than for no reason other than stress I decieded I would ALSO eat a handfull of cookies.

I have two more weeks dealing with all this...How do others stay on track when life gets stressful?

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I eat when I'm under stress, so I totally empathize with you. I don't know what advice to give you except to say hang in there for your son, and if your calorie counts are a little off because you're taking care of him, don't stress over it.