5'4''-ish losing weight? (212-140 hopefully)

Options
I'm 5'4'' and trying to lose over 70 lbs. I've lost over 20 of those so far. I love looking at everyone's before and afters. It really motivates me to keep going. Any 5'4''ish ladies out there who have had success?

Replies

• lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3" so I'm close to your height! My starting weight on MFP was 205 almost 1 year ago. Today I'm at 161.5 and on the slow and steady pace to get down to 150 - and then maybe down to 145ish... ;). Feel free to add me if you want to.

Best of luck to you!!!
  • phock
    phock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Obv. I am male, but I am 5'5 and I weighed 205. I started doing lots of Cardio and calorie counting here on MFP. The combination brought me down to 138 for my last triathlon. My weight right now is 145 (not training as much).

Check out Yoga, Boot Camp, as well as spinning. The more muscles you involve, the better. I will say Yoga is where to start as it will help with the core.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I started at 220, and have plans to get to 140 and re-evaluate. I'm 5'3.5. I've lost 36 (weigh in isn't till Sunday, so it's unofficial for now), by following my calories and very little exercise. I have plans to kick the fitness into high gear in the next few months
  • kuttyshark
    kuttyshark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and wanting to lose about 30 -35 pounds. Would love to be friends so I can get all the help and encouragement. ALso new here, just signed up yesterday. Thanks. Kathy
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and trying to lose 35-40 lbs, feel free to add me.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and in the last two years I have lost around 80lbs. Since starting MFP a year ago I have only lost 4lb but half of that is from not really trying and the other half is that my body is fighting me tooth and nail to drop the last 10lbs i want to drop. I currently weigh 141lb but I'm wanting to get down no lower than 130lb if I can help it. Feel free to add me if you like.

l.jpg
    night before I delivered my twins. I was 223lbs...

iphonepics091.jpg
    my most current picture. This was taken back in October.... my main goal is to fit great in this bikini....
  • Beka_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and lost just over 40lbs so far :) feel free to add me could use some support! congrats on your loss so far!
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3'' and started losing weight in jan 2012. Lost 20 pounds from jan 2012 to april 2012 before joining MFP. Then from april 2012 to about november 2012 I lost another 19 pounds. So 39 pounds total (can I say -40? haha). My starting weight was 167 and now I'm at 128. My goal weight was 130, but now I would like to reach 125 and tone up that new body of mine!
  • Addisonquinn
    Options
    I'm 5'3 started off at 164 and I'm now 138
    I just ate better, I only drink coffee, milk and water. I also never get fast food. I have done the 30 day shred off and on, and just run and walk.
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I use to weigh 216. I have a little bit to go.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and lost 30lbs but have since gained it back.

I am back and ready to do it again and for good this time...feel free to add me :)
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - lost about 65 pounds so far (from 230 to 165). It's taken about a year - with some slacking over the past 4-5 months as I just tried to maintain through some challenging times. I'm back on track this month and aiming for 140 as well. We can do this!
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started at 156 and I am currently 123. I am working on lowering my body fat percentage right now. I do pilates, dance, run, and just joined a gym to start weight training. I try to net 1500 calories, but it's hard on the days I burn 500+ calories. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started out around 230 and am down to about 204 now. I started in Sept and have been really lax this last month. I'm trying to get back on task and know how helpful this site is...I'm the one who needs to re-commit fully. I just keep finding excuses...feel free to add me...I could use a kick in the a** !
  • ThinMint_Stac
    ThinMint_Stac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i am a bit taller at 5'6" i started at 215.8 and i am not far from my goal!!! i have lost 63 and my goal is 70lbs. it will be a year in Feb. if you are ready to loss it you will!!! have faith in yourself. i didn't think i could either but look at me now!!!! well i still haven't figured out how to post pics!!! LOL just start moving!!!:) feel free to add me
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and started at 207

Currently 144 pds...and GW 125-130..... Been on MFP 675 days and this is my Before and 1yr shot along with current.... I have been roller coasting the last months...and this yr promise I will reach my goal weight, definition, and eat clean to get the abs I want....

You can do this...just never give up...everyone results and times are different, stay positive and you will get there...

IMG_3539-2-1.jpg

This week.....

PicsArt_1357085033592.jpg
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    im 5 4 and 140 im not really sure how to put up a pic on the message boards but u can look at my profile
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and started at 207

Currently 144 pds...and GW 125-130..... Been on MFP 675 days and this is my Before and 1yr shot along with current.... I have been roller coasting the last months...and this yr promise I will reach my goal weight, definition, and eat clean to get the abs I want....

You can do this...just never give up...everyone results and times are different, stay positive and you will get there...

IMG_3539-2-1.jpg

This week.....

PicsArt_1357085033592.jpg

u look great! how do u post pics??
  • Lovinglife12
    Options
    I'm 5'4"..I started about a year ago but it's been slow for me because I kept stopping. From Jan to May I went from 212 to 189 Got back from vacation and stopped trying. Then in Sep started again and lost about 20 from Sep to Dec- 189-169,,Stopped during the holidays and am up to 170 now. Started again a few days ago and am pretty pumped. My goal weight is 130-135 which is what I was 4 years ago before I got pregnant with my daughter.
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 220 lbs. I started at 253 in 2011and got down to 209, but lapsed and so I'm back. I appreciate everyones stories! Some of you have come so far; congrats! Feel free to add me. I can always use some good friends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!