Making a roast for dinner...

Options
I am making a beef bottom round roast for dinner and I could have sworn the package said it was 200 calories for 4 oz. Well I searched for it here and it says it is only 120 calories... I don't think that is right. What should I do? Should I write into the bottomm of my food journal that it is actually more?

Replies

• bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do a little research online for others and compare? Or double-check it out the next time you go to the store? At leas that's what I'd do . . . :-)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    What brand is the roast???? I would say for 3-4 oz it's around 175 calories 8 grams of fat... I went to this website and got those numbers http://www.foodanddiet.com/NewFiles/calories-meats.html
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just keep looking until you find one that is closer to the one you made - I tend to go with the higher option if I'm unsure (we had a beef roast last night, I chose the one that says cooked, 3 oz, 220 cals as I was uncertain on the actual info). Sometimes you have to work things around a little. :o)

Don't forget you can always add in something new if you don't find the right info/stats on the food you're eating, though I doubt you still have that package!! :smile:

Keep up your logging, it helps sooo much!!!

:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Alrighty thanks everyone!! I threw the package (because our garbage picks up today) out right away but wrote down the type of roast. It was steak house brand. :)