Working your lower body

Options
i just posted this to inform someone but i thought i would let everyone know an easy way to work your lower body with out running or machines.

you can work your:

lower abs- GET RID OF THE POOCH- reverse crunches- you lay on the ground in crunch position and left your legs up pointing the ceiling and instead of bringing your head towards your knees your going to bring your knees towards you head but not all the way just move your legs as far as you have till your butts off the ground.*10 reps of 3 set*

butt- by getting on all 4's and keep into your leg bent you lift your leg till your knee is straight with your body and then go back to regular position. * 10 reps of 3 sets*

upper thighs- you just do squats i usually go against the wall and get in a positon as if i was sitting and hold it for like 10 sec. *10 reps of 2 sets*

outer thighs- lay sideways and elevate yourself by resting you elbow on a couch or chair and then keep one leg bent to balance youself and life the outer leg* 10 reps of 3 sets*each leg

inner thighs- lay on the floor and this time elevate one leg on a couch or chair and and your working the leg not elevated so you bend the leg your working the one on the ground and and lift it towards the other one*10 reps of 3 sets* each leg

calves- you can work these easy by just sitting and lifting your heals off the ground

these really work they made my legs look great!!

Replies

• nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    i just posted this to inform someone but i thought i would let everyone know an easy way to work your lower body with out running or machines.

you can work your:

lower abs- GET RID OF THE POOCH- reverse crunches- you lay on the ground in crunch position and left your legs up pointing the ceiling and instead of bringing your head towards your knees your going to bring your knees towards you head but not all the way just move your legs as far as you have till your butts off the ground.*10 reps of 3 set*

butt- by getting on all 4's and keep into your leg bent you lift your leg till your knee is straight with your body and then go back to regular position. * 10 reps of 3 sets*

upper thighs- you just do squats i usually go against the wall and get in a positon as if i was sitting and hold it for like 10 sec. *10 reps of 2 sets*

outer thighs- lay sideways and elevate yourself by resting you elbow on a couch or chair and then keep one leg bent to balance youself and life the outer leg* 10 reps of 3 sets*each leg

inner thighs- lay on the floor and this time elevate one leg on a couch or chair and and your working the leg not elevated so you bend the leg your working the one on the ground and and lift it towards the other one*10 reps of 3 sets* each leg

calves- you can work these easy by just sitting and lifting your heals off the ground

these really work they made my legs look great!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I need an exercise that will tone my lower abdomen , I have a roll that hangs over across my upper legs.:embarassed: Something I can do in the house as well .
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awesome and thanks!!!!
    ali :drinker:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I was told of an exercise for my problem. I sit on a hard chair, and position my bottom to the end of the seat, and lay my shoulders back on the back of the chair. Extend my legs straight on the floor and then lift both legs at the same time as high as I can then lower the legs and repeat. I can feel it in my lower abdomen when trying this. Just thought I would mention it if anyone is trying to tone up that area.:smile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just have to say it...bellydance will work all of these areas and more and it doesn't feel like work or exercise, it feels like entertainment!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just have to say it...bellydance will work all of these areas and more and it doesn't feel like work or exercise, it feels like entertainment!

seconded! it's the only thing that's given me definition in those areas. (and if there's a crunch, reverse crunch, inverted crunch. . .whatever. . .I've tried 'em)
  • elevans
    elevans Posts: 9
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Working abs won't help. Fix your diet and exercise more. Eat 6 small meals per day. Reduce high GI carbs. Do strength training that requires core stability, like pull ups / lat pulldowns, one legged leg press, squats, deadlifts, etc. Working out abs is totally overrated. Total waste of time if you can't see them anyway. Abs are one of the easiest muscles to strengthen, because we use them all day.