What is the stronglifts routine?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Sometimes I also want others to do all the work for me. Perhaps if they are nice enough they will lift for me and I will reap the benefits.

Love. You.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Sometimes I also want others to do all the work for me. Perhaps if they are nice enough they will lift for me and I will reap the benefits.
    I'm STILL waiting for this. So far, nothing. *grumble*
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    sorry, i just don't understand the alternating parts.... thought maybe someone nice would help me understand it. i guess some of you are not it. ;)

Agreed!! Guess some folks have "hate in their heart" rather than helpfulness. Just as easy to post a helpful message as a hateful one folks!!
  • gwenmf
    it's amazing how you can come on here and ask for an explanation of something in english not just 5x5 and workout a and workout b and people have to make fun. no wonder people avoid the forums with any new question.

Because they have been answered a million times. A simple search would have given you exactly what you wanted.......but, I guess that type of simple effort is too much to ask in this immediate gratification culture....

I dont understand why it bothers people if a question's been asked over and over again. You're not obligated in any way to answer over and over again. Just pass by the thread and let someone else answer.

Yep, not mandatory to answer..........well said
  • it's amazing how you can come on here and ask for an explanation of something in english not just 5x5 and workout a and workout b and people have to make fun. no wonder people avoid the forums with any new question.

Because they have been answered a million times. A simple search would have given you exactly what you wanted.......but, I guess that type of simple effort is too much to ask in this immediate gratification culture....

I dont understand why it bothers people if a question's been asked over and over again. You're not obligated in any way to answer over and over again. Just pass by the thread and let someone else answer.

^^^THIS! There is no need for people to become smarta**es. It was a valid question and I was looking for a valid answer as well. I was confused at first when I went to the site and sometimes someone else can explain it a little better. No need for people to get rude!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    it's amazing how you can come on here and ask for an explanation of something in english not just 5x5 and workout a and workout b and people have to make fun. no wonder people avoid the forums with any new question.

If you read the original quoted text in this message...it was stated that a "new question" was asked...there was no "new" question. The question asked has already been answered several times and even stickied.
  • gwenmf

If you read the original quoted text in this message...it was stated that a "new question" was asked...there was no "new" question. The question asked has already been answered several times and even stickied.

So, she didn't know where or how to find it possibly...........it takes just a few seconds/minute to post a reply -- or not.
  • gwenmf

^^^THIS! There is no need for people to become smarta**es. It was a valid question and I was looking for a valid answer as well. I was confused at first when I went to the site and sometimes someone else can explain it a little better. No need for people to get rude!

I wanted to know more about this topic too....so I'm glad you posted -- because we both learned something from it. Thanks!
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member

Join the group - it's a great group of very supportive ladies doing the SL workouts, all different levels.

Basically, the workout is 3 days a week, every other day.
    Week 1/Day 1 = workout A | W1/D2 = B | W1/D3 = A
    Week 2/Day 1 = workout B | W1/D2 = A | W2/D3 = B

and so on and so forth.

Also, I highly recommend the app. Makes tracking much easier.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I have hate in my heart. Truly.

The answer that was provided that made sense to the OP was a direct copy/paste from the 5x5 website. So,...?

I have yet to see a question on these forums that Google doesn't have an answer to.

So, why do we have forums?

Good question!

Cheers.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Agree with those who say pass on by! If you have seen the question before, ignore the thread! :grumble:

Newbies to MFP don't know about the search or the stickies or how the wrkouts work. Once you get into weightlifting, you realize all the books are similar but it does take a little to figure out! :noway:

Go away, haters! This forum is supposed to be for encouragement. :angry:

Good luck in your lifting efforts. New Rules is a great book. Haven't looked into Stronglifts but I will now. :happy:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member

The answer that was provided that made sense to the OP was a direct copy/paste from the 5x5 website. So,...?

I have yet to see a question on these forums that Google doesn't have an answer to.

Good question!

Cheers.

Apparently...we have these forums so us haters have a place to play and gang up on folks and lay the pixel down! Have Google do that!
  • neverstray

Good question!

Cheers.

Apparently...we have these forums so us haters have a place to play and gang up on folks and lay the pixel down! Have Google do that!

Got me there. Cool beans. Now I know.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member

Join the group someone pointed out. Very helpful, very amazing women in that group.
  • LBNOakland
    And I don't see anything in the original post about a "new" question. Are there really any "new" questions left in the world? All questions have been asked and answered. We all find our answers in different ways or ask the question to someone else. :smokin:
  • neverstray
    And I don't see anything in the original post about a "new" question. Are there really any "new" questions left in the world? All questions have been asked and answered. We all find our answers in different ways or aks the question to someone else. :smokin:

That's why there's Google. All the questions have been asked and have answers.
  • LBNOakland
    Or can be asked on this forum which is here to help us connect with one another and encourage one another. Much more personal than Google.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Or can be asked on this forum which is here to help us connect with one another and encourage one another. Much more personal than Google.

seriously, some angry people out there... i thought the whole point of the forum was to ask questions about fitness and exercise? i guess if i didn't spend whatever specified amount of time they think to be the right amount of time researching it, then i should just not ask and go try to do it with my limited knowledge of what it is rather than do it right. thanks to the ones who are helpful and led me to the spreadsheet and group. I think that will be helpful. to the others, i hope you're fortunate enough to be new to something and have helpful people answer your questions instead of rude ones.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Good luck in your lifting efforts. New Rules is a great book. Haven't looked into Stronglifts but I will now. :happy:

Let us know if you need any help finding info on Stronglifts.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    /endthread