how much fiber per snack?

Options
i have a small problem with my 1st snack which is 3 hrs after my breakfast ...everything in the diet works well but that snack is the only place where it cant keep me 3 hrs tell lunch.

i figured it needs to be fiber rich but i wonder.....how much a gram of fiber u think is enough for 1 or 3 hrs?

thx for reading

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Needs fibre, water protein and healthy fats, how much varies from person to person.
  • Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    Eat some protein son.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try a couple grams of fiber and protien and one to two of fat per hundred calories. Also try upping your water intake in the morning hours.
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others suggesting protein. It fills you up like fiber, but in my experience, lasts longer.

What I would do is bring something with fiber and something with protein. For example; an apple and 2 oz of sliced turkey breast make a pretty good snack for around 150 calories (depending on the apple). You can also try whole wheat crackers with tuna. Nuts are good, too, but tend to have less protein and more carbs than you might think, so look at different kinds.

If you want to switch to just protein, then again; nuts, tuna, and lean deli meats are a good option. You could also try out protein powders. They taste best in milk products, but for a lower calorie option, unsweetened almond milk will only add around 40 calories on top of whatever a serving f the powder you got is.

If you just want to go for just fiber, Kellogg's Fiber One makes cereal, cereal bars, granola bars, and dessert bars that all have a significant amount of fiber in them-- at least 5 grams per serving. Also, just generally look for things that are whole wheat or multi-grain, as they'll probably have more fiber and more protein than their pale counterparts.

Hope this helps!