Detox - Forever Living Clean 9 question...

Options
Hi all,

I'm starting the Forever Living Clean 9 Day Detox on Monday and wanted to know if anyone has ever completed the detox plan before or one similar.
It looks really hard but i'm hoping it will kick start my weight loss as well helping me to feel more energised.

Have you even done a detox and if so how did you get on?

Thanks

Sasha

Replies

• hotsashno1
    hotsashno1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks, already bought it now lol.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I detox daily. well, my internal organs do, anyway. but same diff.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Just another way to make your wallet thinner. You will lose some pounds because of the extreme calorie deprivation - but they will come right back on when you resume eating. Save your money and your health....just say no to the fads.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I say this with the very best of intent:

Focus on nutrition and exercise and disregard all detoxes, pills, etc.
    See if you can return that product and use that money for a food scale or put it towards your gym membership. Those purchases will make a long term impact.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    See if you can return that product and use that money for a food scale or put it towards your gym membership. Those purchases will make a long term impact.

Interestingly, I had a food scale for years, but only started to use it once I joined this site.
    Now it's getting a beating. LOL
    :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    There has been at least one thread every day for days now on detoxes and fasts, did you run a search?
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just another way to make your wallet thinner. You will lose some pounds because of the extreme calorie deprivation - but they will come right back on when you resume eating. Save your money and your health....just say no to the fads.

I agree totally. But, some folks get a placebo effect when they spend money on hyped up broscience solutions like this. Let them have their placebo effect. Sometimes we get closer to our goals with gimmicks. Whatever works.
  • hotsashno1
    Options
    Thanks all,

it's non returnable so i'll just give it a go as i've never detoxed before and i'm sure it wont kill me, it will probably just be a horrible 9 days - but I'll know in future to just slim down the good old fashioned way.
    i've lost weight before so I know I can do it again.

Thanks for the comments
  • hotsashno1
    Options
    Nope i'm new to the site so just wrote what was in my head lol.
    I'll search next time.

Everyone wants to detox come Jan
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,

it's non returnable so i'll just give it a go as i've never detoxed before and i'm sure it wont kill me, it will probably just be a horrible 9 days - but I'll know in future to just slim down the good old fashioned way.

Thanks for the comments

You're probably going to be on the toilet those 9 days and whatever you lose will come right back once you do start eating again, so I'd just save yourself the misery and not even do it. Just chock it up to a learning experience and move on.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I say this with the very best of intent:

+1
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,

Thanks for the comments

Why do it if it is going to be horrible?

Read the post in the link provided above.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,

Thanks for the comments

you detox every day already, you know ...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,

Thanks for the comments

A lot of things won't kill you, that doesn't mean you should do them all
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Indian food cleanses me right out
  • hotsashno1
    Options
    I decided to do the detox before I started using MFP it was recommended by a friend who said she felt the benefits of it.
    It may be (probably will be horrible) and if I hadn't parted with the money then would have reconsidered since i've read the post that was kindly sent to me.

I'm going to give it a go and see how I do as I wasn't strictly doing it for the weightloss.

I'll update you afterwards with the negatives or positives.

Take care all
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

I agree totally. But, some folks get a placebo effect when they spend money on hyped up broscience solutions like this. Let them have their placebo effect. Sometimes we get closer to our goals with gimmicks. Whatever works.

I have yet to see one success story here where the OP attributed their lasting success to a gimmick. :huh:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nope i'm new to the site so just wrote what was in my head lol.
    I'll search next time.

Everyone wants to detox come Jan

Not sure that they do, I think the media just tells westerners that they should want to 'detox' but these articles are written by journalists and sales teams not eminent medical professionals. IME (work in lifestyle healthcare) the general public actually want to lose weight/ bodyfat in January, and most don't know what detoxing is only what the media tell them it is.

As others have noted your body 'detoxes' constantly every time you use the bathroom, when you sweat and even when you breathe. If you had a ton of toxic substances floating around your body for days or weeks on end you'd end up looking yellow from jaundice or in a box six feet under. You don't because organs such as the liver and kidneys detox your blood very efficiently, and the waste is eliminated largely via the intestines and bladder.

You can help your body function better and 'cleanse' itself the old fashioned way - a clean diet containing a balance of lean protein, healthy fats, complex carbs, fibre, vitamins and minerals. You can hinder and disrupt the process by starving your body or consuming all sorts of unproven herbs and chemicals that stress the body out and give it more work to do, yet do not supply the fuel it needs.
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The only "detox" I ever do is give up alcohol and dairy in the few days leading up to a half marathon or other race to avoid, um, digestive issues during the race. Detox "diets" are unnecessary, can be dangerous, and are just another money making scheme. Eating healthy, exercising, and sticking to it is the only true way to lose weight. Good luck! You can totally do this without any gimmicks.