Does this top work with my body?

I'm going to go to a couple places to ask about a job today, and I want to know if this top works. I need to find a different color undershirt, but as far as being flattering/not flattering, how does it look?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't quite sure where to post it.

130104-103903_zps2aa13a2e.jpg

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    The shirt is nice, but I don't think it's appropriate if you're looking for jobs. I'd err on the side of professional if that's the case.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    you should stand back and take the pic, it's at an awkward angel,
  • The shirt is nice, but I don't think it's appropriate if you're looking for jobs. I'd err on the side of professional if that's the case.

I agree that I could go nicer. All of my nice looking clothes are way too small, though. I kinda let myself go to the point that I was wearing sweatpants and tshirts the whole time I gained weight, and this is the only decent looking thing I have that fits me x(
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    It is not appropriate for looking for a job. I would try a collared shirt and nice khakis or slacks... with a light weight sweater if it is winter. A more business casual approach (I am figuring you are looking for an hourly sales/customer services job since you are going places and filling out applications)
  • Jennisin1
    I agree that I could go nicer. All of my nice looking clothes are way too small, though. I kinda let myself go to the point that I was wearing sweatpants and tshirts the whole time I gained weight, and this is the only decent looking thing I have that fits me x(
    [/quote]

Goodwill.....
  • Goodwill.....

I've never seen a Goodwill around here, but I figure that's probably the kind of thing that every city has one of. Time to get my Google Maps on ;D
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Or other thrift stores...DAV...CHKD...there are others I can't think of right now...
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 144 Member
    I agree...goodwill or a salvation army store...great ways to get some inexpensive clothes til you are to a weight you want to invest more money in. I hit is a couple weeks ago with my 13 yr old son...and got under armour workout pants for $5 and my son who wasnt even there to buy ended up walking out with a whole bag full of american eagle clothes and was in heaven. Plenty of dressy clothes also...good luck!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I think it's a lovely top and does work very well at flattering your body. It is not entirely appropriate for job hunting, though. I second Goodwill, Salvation Army, random thrift stores. I'm extremely poor and that's where I go to get all business-like.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Do you have a black jacket or suit coat you could wear to dress it up, if that's all you have available?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Goodwill.....

I've never seen a Goodwill around here, but I figure that's probably the kind of thing that every city has one of. Time to get my Google Maps on ;D

Also check Salvation Army and Volunteers of America.
    I got a lot of stuff at Goodwill and Salvation Army.
    My mom and sisters love shopping at Volunteers of America because apparently they have nicer stuff. haha
    But it's all at cheap prices which works when you are losing weight and don't want to spend the $$ on a new wardrobe every 20-30 lbs...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Goodwill.....

If not a goodwill there is probably some kind of thrift store. And if you find one in a more "rich" neighborhood you can usually find very expensive, hardly worn name brands for good prices.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Always dress a small notch nicer than the place you want to work OR the people you might talk to.

I've walked into bars where all the workers are T-shirts and jeans, but the manager is in a suit & tie. I still think the rule applies. It shows character and seriousness.
  • You guys think I could find decent stuff for 15 bucks? That's all I have until my boyfriend gets home at 5. It's 11 now.
  • Jennisin1
    You guys think I could find decent stuff for 15 bucks? That's all I have until my boyfriend gets home at 5. It's 11 now.

Yes Ma'am....