p90x and Zumba

Options
I'm a very active person and now that it's winter I'll be going out and snowshoeing and snowboarding. Also, I go to zumba twice a week and I go hard when I'm there.

With that said, I'm supposed to start p90x next week. I've heard it's really intense and you'll be really sore the next day. Am I going to be too tired to do my other activities? Do I have to give up the exercise things I love to do? If anyone has any tips, please let me know.

Replies

• cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90x for about 6 weeks. You'll be sore after the first few workouts, since you'll be using muscles and doing exercises you're probably not used to doing. The soreness goes away after the first week or so. If you're adding in other exercise, just make sure you're eating enough to keep your energy up. After the first week or so, I found I had more energy during the day than before. Good luck- it's a great program. I'm not a Beachbody coach BTW :)
  • kc_pig
    kc_pig Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't do plyometrics before snowboarding. You'll see what I mean. :)

A lot of people I work with have done the entire routine and they've gotten awesome results. The challenge is sticking it out all 3 months. I've done most of the workouts and heard some people are sore and some aren't. Drink a lot of water and eat a banana.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I finished P90x twice.

The first time I did it, it was literally from couch to P90x. I wanted to lose weight so bad, I stuck with it. Got awesome results.

With that, I yelled at the TV every day it was Plyometrics day. I despise Plyo day! I was pretty sore for the first week, but your body will adjust. The soreness mainly was in my abs, glutes, and thighs.

Protein shakes after your workout will help with the soreness too. Helps in muscle recovery. Some people will say it doesn't but, you can try it and see how you feel. I got to the point where I looked forward to the protein shakes.

As another poster said, do NOT do Plyo before you go snowboarding.