32 days into MFP and 30 lbs lost!

Options
Stdavis53
Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
So, Still no pictures, (i don't feel like there is a huge noticeable difference yet) but I wanted to still let my friends and the community know that there is one more person having success along their journey!

I started using my Fitbit Ultra and Tracking on MFP on December 2, last year. I have always had a great grasp on nutrition, eating well, and being a self trained *pretty good cook* I felt that I could create great flavor while still keeping my food lower calorie. My daughter changed my life by coming into this world in October, and from the minute I first saw her, I knew it was time to kick-start this weight loss journey so I could be with her for the long haul.

I weighed in on day 1 at 388.2 lbs. (to my surprise)

I don't want to sound preachy or anything, but the hardest thing for me has been eating ENOUGH calories. I started the first couple weeks barely breaking 1200 calories. Not because I was trying real hard to stay low, but because I was full all the time. Huge green salads with fresh veggies, sweet potatoes, broth based soups loaded with veggies and lintels. All extremely filling yet so low in calories!

About a week and a half in, my wife and I decided to get ourselves an early Christmas present.
dxbl3n.jpg

We absolutely love this thing. (I know right, who would think a 350+ lb guy would be stoked about getting one of these)

Its incredible the difference I feel. After 32 days in, I have lost 30.4 lbs. I still have a long journey ahead of me, but the simple things like, being able to go for 90 minutes on a treadmill at once, and feel great after I get off. Have the energy, no, the desire to do the simple things like run errands when I didn't want to before because I was simply to lazy. To want to park in the back spots so that I can get those extra steps on my Fitbit. To see my incredible wife start to look at me again in the ways she used too. Not because she never stopped loving me, but because she is proud of me for what I have done and am doing.

I know its still early, and I know it will slow down and will become more difficult to stay focused. But this isn't a diet for me. This is my new life and I wanted to share just a small piece with you.

Thanks guys,

Shawn

PS: NomNomNom
200xnb6.jpg

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    WOW 30 lbs in 32 days, that's incredible!!! :noway: Congrats to you. Like your Christmas present. I wish I had a big enough home to purchase one of those :drinker:
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Thanks! Definitely worth the investment to get a machine in your own home. Keeps you from having those days where you don't want to go to the gym. We don't have an excuse anymore!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love your post! You are obviously a positive, funny guy. But more than that, you have a real grasp of what it will take to do this: patience, humor and a real change. I am trying to create my new life too and look forward to the body and attitude that follows.

Great job Shawn and thanks for sharing!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. Awesome job. Keep the positive attitude and you will reach your goal!
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good for you, what a great gift, the gift of health. LOVE the Broncos sign!! GO BRONCOS!
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You Rock! You might have a long journey, but we all do because once you get to your goal then you have to maintain it for the rest of your life. We all have a lifetime journey. You are doing fantastic. I also have a fitbit and it actually makes me want to work harder each and everyday to increase my activity. Keep it up even on hard days and you will succeed!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you sound extremely motivated.
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Keep it up!! And please, keep sharing your story along the way...you never whose life might change because of something you wrote!
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! And it's great that you share it so more people can find motivation! :)))
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    You are doing a great job! And it's great that you share it so more people can find motivation! :)))

I just like showing that someone like me who is very heavy can do it smart and healthy, while still eating great tasting food that is lower cal.
  • FestusB
    Options
    Great job...very motivating. It is a life style change and not a diet, and it sounds like you realize that. Keep sharing!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'd say "great job", but..... you are..... a..... Bronco's fan

1193792-seahawkslogosmall.jpg

:D

OK, OK, well done, great job :)
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    Congrats! I like your comment about running errands - I feel the same way! And you'll be amazed as you continue to lose more weight how your energy will just keep going UP UP UP!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Shawn well done :happy: :drinker:
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I put a picture from Christmas on as my new profile pic so you guys can see my motivation! I think I was right around 22 pounds lost around there. Again, thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!